Has anyone got personal experience of Quinn Direct?

Quinn Direct

Quinn Direct are very good untill you make a claim.
I was driving on my side of the road when my car got crashed head on by someone else.
It happened on last friday and my car is still at the scene of accident and Quinn Direct is doing nothing except of bull****ing me around.
I have fully comprehensive insurance and in such a black/white situation like this I'd expect that everything would be taken care of.
Instead of that they are concerned about the guy who crashed to my car,
( cos he is insured with them as well) regardless that he is the one who is guilty and therefore I have to hitchhike to make my way to work 55km.
My conclusion is clear:never again by no means to be insured by them even if they offered me 1 euro quotation.

I had a terrible experience with Quinn Direct's Motor insurance, though in fairness it was 10 years ago when my first car decided to self - ignite while I was stopped at traffic lights. It was declared a write - off. It took the whole summer to try and get money out of them. Basically they grossly undervalued the car and then blamed me for delaying the payout! I got a half - satisfactory amount in the end, but it ruined my summer.

I find AXA good, though not the cheapest. Then again - and this may sound like a sales pitch but I'm a firm believer - you've got to look at value as opposed to the lowest possible price. In other words, it's worth paying a few bob extra than be yanked about when it comes to payback time. What I would suggest to the OP is to look again at fully comp. How much is a 1999 Astra worth? You'll likely have an excess to pay in the event of a claim anyway, and if €2k. worth of damage is done to the car the insurance will write it off anyway as an 'uneconomical repair'.

In other words, should the worst happen the gap between what you could likely pay out of your own pocket and what's covered by fully comp mightn't be as big as you think. Once it goes over a certain level, they will just declare it a write off (and that could be just for panel damage / lights / bumper with the car still driveable) The old yoke I drive would probably be declared a write off if someone broke a headlamp :p

Back