Has anyone experience of using auctioneera.ie to sell a property?

redstar

I am looking to sell at the moment and came across these guys https://www.auctioneera.ie/about-us
They charge a flat fee of 1699+VAT to handle a house sale. Am interested to hear if anyone has experience with them compared to 'traditional' Estate Agents,
who charge by % of sale price.

The people who use them will mostly say they made a great decision in using them, the rest will mostly say it might be the wrong way to go. That's how I've seen the majority of those queries going.

Did you use Auctioneera to sell your property? if so can you give you review, tks

I know a few estate agents that charge 1% which is the lowest they will go it seems. With Auctionneera you save on fees and VAT. The flat rate of €1,699 plus VAT means a total cost using them of €2,090 regardless of the selling price of the property.

Sale @ €250,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €2,500 + €575 in VAT, so Total = €3,075. Auctioneera saves you €985.
Sale @ €300,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €3,000 + €690 in VAT, so Total = €3,690. Auctioneera saves you €1,600.
Sale @ €350,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €3,500 + €805 in VAT, so Total = €4,305. Auctioneera saves you €2,215.
Sale @ €450,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €4,500 + €1,035 in VAT, so Total = €5,535. Auctioneera saves you €3,445.
Sale @ €550,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €5,500 + €1,265 in VAT, so Total = €6,765. Auctioneera saves you €4,675.

These savings are not to be sniffed as in fairness. I know one person who sold their house with Auctioneera. They did viewings, there was full transparency in terms of the bids online. The only drawback I could see is if an older couple who weren't tech/online savy were interested, is there a facility for them to ring up Auctioneera and place a bid offline (that in turn is applied to the online details etc).

In the current market, I think a house would sell pretty handily tbh. The estate agent would probably say they would be more skilled at drawingan extra bid or two out of a potential buyer but even doing that, it would merely in effect pay for the increased fees and VAT as a result. I would use Auctioneera if selling a property now.

Myself and two people I know are all selling boom-bought apartments right now. Most agents are quoting 1% plus VAT, then around 400 plus VAT in marketing fees.

For my 200k property it'd end up being around 3k all in. I've just booked appointments with a local agent and Auctioneera to talk with both but I struggle to see why I'd pay 50% extra. The only reason I can think is that some, maybe older people, might struggle with the site but I doubt it. Otherwise I don't know why I'd pay an extra 1k, especially if it's a place targeting younger buyers.

FWIW one of the other sellers is quite happy that Auctioneera are running a fifth or sixth viewing for them to shake out as many bidders as possible. Very happy with the service so far. I believe a different agency quoting around four times the Auctioneera fee said they'd run three viewings max.