Has anyone experience of using auctioneera.ie to sell a property?

redstar

I am looking to sell at the moment and came across these guys https://www.auctioneera.ie/about-us
They charge a flat fee of 1699+VAT to handle a house sale. Am interested to hear if anyone has experience with them compared to 'traditional' Estate Agents,
who charge by % of sale price.

The people who use them will mostly say they made a great decision in using them, the rest will mostly say it might be the wrong way to go. That's how I've seen the majority of those queries going.

I am looking to sell at the moment and came across these guys https://www.auctioneera.ie/about-us
They charge a flat fee of 1699+VAT to handle a house sale. Am interested to hear if anyone has experience with them compared to 'traditional' Estate Agents,
who charge by % of sale price.
Did you use Auctioneera to sell your property? if so can you give you review, tks

I know a few estate agents that charge 1% which is the lowest they will go it seems. With Auctionneera you save on fees and VAT. The flat rate of €1,699 plus VAT means a total cost using them of €2,090 regardless of the selling price of the property.

Sale @ €250,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €2,500 + €575 in VAT, so Total = €3,075. Auctioneera saves you €985.
Sale @ €300,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €3,000 + €690 in VAT, so Total = €3,690. Auctioneera saves you €1,600.
Sale @ €350,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €3,500 + €805 in VAT, so Total = €4,305. Auctioneera saves you €2,215.
Sale @ €450,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €4,500 + €1,035 in VAT, so Total = €5,535. Auctioneera saves you €3,445.
Sale @ €550,000 with 1% estate agency fees; costs would be; €5,500 + €1,265 in VAT, so Total = €6,765. Auctioneera saves you €4,675.

These savings are not to be sniffed as in fairness. I know one person who sold their house with Auctioneera. They did viewings, there was full transparency in terms of the bids online. The only drawback I could see is if an older couple who weren't tech/online savy were interested, is there a facility for them to ring up Auctioneera and place a bid offline (that in turn is applied to the online details etc).

In the current market, I think a house would sell pretty handily tbh. The estate agent would probably say they would be more skilled at drawingan extra bid or two out of a potential buyer but even doing that, it would merely in effect pay for the increased fees and VAT as a result. I would use Auctioneera if selling a property now.

Myself and two people I know are all selling boom-bought apartments right now. Most agents are quoting 1% plus VAT, then around 400 plus VAT in marketing fees.

For my 200k property it'd end up being around 3k all in. I've just booked appointments with a local agent and Auctioneera to talk with both but I struggle to see why I'd pay 50% extra. The only reason I can think is that some, maybe older people, might struggle with the site but I doubt it. Otherwise I don't know why I'd pay an extra 1k, especially if it's a place targeting younger buyers.

FWIW one of the other sellers is quite happy that Auctioneera are running a fifth or sixth viewing for them to shake out as many bidders as possible. Very happy with the service so far. I believe a different agency quoting around four times the Auctioneera fee said they'd run three viewings max.

Back