Has anybody travelled to/from Canada with Air Transat?

Mongola

I am travelling to Canada in September with my partner. Flying to Toronto and flying back to Dublin from Montreal. We are flying with Air transat.
We have booked the flights a while ago but until booking them, I had never heard about that company. Well, I suppose it s like everything: if you don't look for them (when you need them), you don't know about them!

I was just wondering if any of you, guys, have ever travelled with that company. If so, what were your impressions? Were you satisfied with the services offered?

Thanks for your help.

Flew to Toronto several times last year with them, by far the cheapest each time. They're fine, bog standard but sure they get you there so thats all thats needed. Very well known airline in Canada. They have been operating here for several years as I also used them about 3/4 yrs ago.

Hi Mongola,

Yes have travelled twice with them and have had no complaints at all......except the stopover in Shannon on the way over...........

I've travelled with them also in the past and my Mum just travelled with them last week. They are fine, I'd no complaints about them anyway.

Low budget, low quality airline with a dubious safety record. You get what you pay for I guess.

I flew to Toronto with Air Transat 7 years ago and had a 24 delay flying out.

The return journey was more eventful- the back of the plane filled with smoke on the return journey while we were over the Atlantic so we ended up in Montreal where we spent nearly 48 hours waiting for another plane. Despite promises to fully refund all flight tickets, it took a lot of legal wrangling to get the money back.

Having said that, my grandmother flies over and back with them several times a year and never has any problems. As above, you get what you pay for!

My wife and I + infant flew Dublin-Montreal yesterday with Air Transat for Eur 800. Apart for paying Eur2 for the headphones, it didnt seem like a budget flight. Meal was good, we had 2 films. Plane was a brand new Airbus 310 and staff were very nice.
I will use them again.

Plane was a brand new Airbus 310 and staff were very nice.
I will use them again.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Air Transat have an average fleet age of 15.8 years. Their youngest A310 was built in 1992, the oldest in 1988. In comparison Aer Lingus has an average fleet age of 5.4 years. Production for the A310 stopped in 2007. The interiors might be nice and new but by European standards they have a very old fleet.

Hi Mongola,

Yes have travelled twice with them and have had no complaints at all......except the stopover in Shannon on the way over...........

ah yes, the stopover. but thats exactly the reason I went with them from SHANNON. there's more to the country except Dublin you see. No complaints with the flights or service except having to stop in Dublin on the way back!!!

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Air Transat have an average fleet age of 15.8 years. Their youngest A310 was built in 1992, the oldest in 1988. In comparison Aer Lingus has an average fleet age of 5.4 years. Production for the A310 stopped in 2007. The interiors might be nice and new but by European standards they have a very old fleet.

OK OK my knowledge of the history of the Airbus series is non-existent. All I know is that it looked brand new and was extremely clean inside. More than can be said for the last 10 or so flights I had on Aer Lingus (short haul).

Back