Has anybody started or completed a switch to Haven this year?

Paul F

Has anybody on this forum started or completed a mortgage switch to Haven this year?

If so:
  • When did you start the process?
  • What lender were you switching from?
  • (If you have completed the switch) How long did it take from start to finish?
  • What stages of the process were/are the slowest?

Last edited:
Hi Paul. My sister completed a switch this year.

She started the switch in March.
Her old lender was PSTB.
It finished in June.
She had to get cert from a builder regarding an extension which added to the timeline.

Bumping this to see if anybody else can share their experience of switching (or trying to switch) to Haven.

Very slow. I started the switching process back in mid June, I was ultra quick responding to any request and provided all documents promptly, only got approval in principle on the 29th Aug. I have been told it will take 25 working days for the loan offer to issue, but wouldn't be surprised if that was delayed.

Very slow. I started the switching process back in mid June, I was ultra quick responding to any request and provided all documents promptly, only got approval in principle on the 29th Aug. I have been told it will take 25 working days for the loan offer to issue, but wouldn't be surprised if that was delayed.
That's dreadful.

Consider posting your mortgage details in the switcher thread (in the format shown in the first post). I'll estimate the savings you would make from switching to different rates with your current lender (or to another lender apart from Haven if you want to go that route).

Have you already engaged the services of a solicitor for the Haven switch? If so, you would need to check how they would charge you if you decided to try switching to another lender (or if you abandoned the Haven switch).

That's dreadful.

Consider posting your mortgage details in the switcher thread (in the format shown in the first post). I'll estimate the savings you would make from switching to different rates with your current lender (or to another lender apart from Haven if you want to go that route).

Have you already engaged the services of a solicitor for the Haven switch? If so, you would need to check how they would charge you if you decided to try switching to another lender (or if you abandoned the Haven switch).
Thanks Paul. I have engaged a solicitor, they haven't had to do anything yet as Haven are so slow. Its frustrating as all mortgage applications with Haven have to go through a broker, so I cant contact Haven myself to try and get them to hurry up, I can only keep asking the broker for updates, which I have stopped doing, as they told me Haven are by far the slowest for processing a switch.

@Ben1980 Dreadful. As I say, consider posting your mortgage details in the switcher thread (in the format shown in the first post). I'll estimate the savings you would make from switching to different rates with your current lender (or to another lender apart from Haven if you want to go that route).

I was told recently that Haven are said to be very short staffed with some key decision makers on sick leave.

We started a switch to Haven in May, was early June by the time it was with Haven, got approval in principal on 25th July and we're still waiting

We started a switch to Haven in May, was early June by the time it was with Haven, got approval in principal on 25th July and we're still waiting
thats crazy, you got approval in principle 25th July and still haven't drawn down? I have no chance of drawing down before fixed rates rise! How can they be this incompetent, switching mortgage should not take 4-6mths.

I asked financial advisor to start switch on middle of April and switch was completed by middle of September.

Back