has anybody gone on the investment university's course.

M

miller

I went to a sales pitch on wed for the investment university in England.

I am wondering if any one has gone on the course and do the college do what they say.

As you can guess the sales pitch was very good and very glossy with big numbers and fantastic targets.

I'm wondering if any one has experienced these sort of miracles from doing this course or any other on the stock market.

I'm a newbe and i dont want to be gullible.

Also they only talked about spread betting. Is it all they cracked it up to be?

thank you.

Haven't done the course but would steer well clear. No need to be spending such money (2400 stg) for freely available info. Greg Secker, the guy behind it, makes ridiculous claims of casually making 15-20% per month.

Right.

Do a search over at the forums on www.trade2win.com. Some positive comments (many from people with one or two posts...);many negative. Apparently, there was one particularly long thread devoted to his seminars which had to be deleted for legal reasons. Things clearly got pretty heated there. There was also another critical site at [broken link removed] but that has been replaced by a grotesquely cheesy promo for Secker's seminars. All the usual guff about massive returns and trader 'secrets' (run a mile from anyone talking about revealing trader 'secrets' - always a sign of a real snake oil salesman).

This stuff is aimed at newbies who know no better. Buy a few books instead and do some research on web (loads of great trading blogs out there written by people who actually trade).

thanks alot for the info i will stear well clear.

do you have any suggestions as to any courses to do. i find i learn best in a course environment rather than reading books.

thaks again.

I'm not keen on courses to be honest, there's enough info out there to do a good DIY job. Some of the courses available just appal me - basic info at crazy prices. Are you looking for info on active trading or on the basics of long-term investment (am guessing the former judging by your interest in the aforementioned course)?

On another AAM thread, a poster made reference to seminars being held by Mark Shipman, whose book 'The next big investment boom' you may have read.

http://trend-follower.com/index.php...36&PHPSESSID=39746fb968978f3d08fdcaee70b79152

Don't know anything about the seminars but Shipman does have a decent trading record, which is more than can be said for some of the jokers out there.

He also provides a very good reading list
http://trend-follower.com/index.php...29&PHPSESSID=39746fb968978f3d08fdcaee70b79152

Just had a read of their website,just cos they call themselves a "university" doesnt make them any different from all the other "second hand car" salesmen out there.

What about "Invest Like the Best" is it much the same - I am booked into their evening workshop which is coming up soon.

Thanks

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=20087&highlight=ILTB is a thread dealing with ILTB.

More comments at
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=48404&highlight=ILTB

You can't compare ILTB to the other guys. ILTB markets itself as a 'responsible' firm that seeks to enable investors to get rich slowly whereas the aforementioned seminar is trying to snare newbies looking for astronomical and unrealistic returns.

It's quite a clever marketing technique because it gives the impression that ILTB is a firm that you can trust and a firm that will impart honest information. Unfortunately, most of this information can be found in an investment book for a tenner - it's very basic stuff.

Instead of paying the best part of a grand for a one-day seminar and a yearly fee of 500 or so to access ILTB stock screeners, people looking to get rich slowly would do a lot better to put their money into an index fund and watch it compound.

thanks alot the reason i'm going for a course is that i find i learn alot quicker that way. also i am a very slow reader.
does any one rate the TICN course.
does any one know about an actual college course maybe part time or full time if needs be. i'm pretty sure i'm just asking the search engines the wrong questions.

thanks again.

Back