Has Any KBC tracker Review Customer been Confirmed?

Mauritius

It's been nearly two years since KBC confirmed I am part of the Central Bank tracker review. KBC missed the CB September 2017 deadline date to inform customers that they are impacted. Like many, I have heard nothing and the KBC helpline guy cannot give any more information.
My question: has any KBC customer been contacted in this period and told they will definitely be getting their tracker back? Or are they blanking everyone?

It's not that KBC is blanking everyone.

They are in discussions with the Central Bank about their scheme and they have yet to reach agreement. So they can't tell you that you are not affected only for the Central Bank to tell them that you are.

Brendan

We started off with a 5 year fixed rate with iib.
Before we drew down the first mortgage payment in mid 2008, my solicitor received a change of rate notification letter. This letter inadvertently stated that we were on a tracker rate and that it had increased from 4.99 to 5.49.
We were informed in our t+c that we would role onto the prevailing variable rate after expiry of the fixed.
We were told that we are part of the review. I have heard nothing from the bank since.

Last edited:
It's not that KBC is blanking everyone.

They are in discussions with the Central Bank about their scheme and they have yet to reach agreement. So they can't tell you that you are not affected only for the Central Bank to tell them that you are.

Brendan
I do understand that's a good point, Brendan. But my question is has anyone heard from KBC that they are being put back on the tracker rate? KBC have told me that they won't inform anyone either way until the outcome of Phase 11 has been completed.

Back