Has AAM become less popular?

Interesting figures, Mugs! I have to say that the quality of the site outwieghs any quantity of visits/visitors for me. This, in my opinin is due to the tight moderation policy which has helped maintain a high quality of posts. It is rare that a thread is not interesting and informative. Other forums drive me mad with ill-informed posts, off-topic and inane comments and poor moderation.
I still maintain that AAM is a great barometer for Irish society!

Interesting figures, Mugs! I have to say that the quality of the site outwieghs any quantity of visits/visitors for me. This, in my opinin is due to the tight moderation policy which has helped maintain a high quality of posts. It is rare that a thread is not interesting and informative. Other forums drive me mad with ill-informed posts, off-topic and inane comments and poor moderation.

+1. My only regret re AAM is that I didnt discover the site a lot sooner. I have learned a lot and received a lot of helpful answers on it.

Another +1 for the moderation style - and I say that as someone who has fallen foul of it occasionally. It's what makes the site in many ways and weeds out most of the messers.

I also agree with the moderation style. I have posted on neighbours.ie where there is little or no moderation, and I eventually stopped because one or two really dangerous sounding individuals started posting, completely unchecked, and it became really unnerving. When a forum is open to everyone, you really do have to have strict moderation or any nutcase can just run riot.

I feel that the level of discourse and quality of debate on AAM are superior than on Boards.ie.

Personally, I have experienced redundancy and have had to make subsequent career, investment and pension decisions in recent years. The advice on AAM has been invaluable. The NAMA and financial crisis threads have also been great from an explanatory point of view....especially when my kids ask questions! Plunging The Depths is therapeutic escapism!

AAM is an information service as far as I see it. There isn't a lot of chat so it doesn't hold certain types of people. Most of the regulars answer questions related to their profession/experience.

I remember my first visit here and was helped out greatly by a thread I didn't even contribute too. I could simply have left then, but I felt I owed the place something so signed up and answered questions in my field as best I could. Once I hit 2000 posts we are even :p

As a regular contributor to the Dublin forum on and Destination Expert, I still find that my first port of call is to AAM. The variety of topics and helpful advice from others has been a valuable source of information. I can also Let Off Steam now and again after answering for the 1000th time how someone gets from Dublin Airport to Grafton Street.
Best of Luck.

If you are flush with cash get the Aircoach, if every cent counts and you have all the time in the world the 16A.

Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more chance
Why can't we give love give love give love give love
give love give love give love give love give love
'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure

+1 for moderation. Firm mod is needed (a little off-putting to new members, perhaps, but the rest of us know what to expect).

My theory also is fewer people posting from work - maybe fewer at work or just working harder!

Back