Halifax tracker - any rate decrease notification?

tommied

Hello All,

Am wondering if anyone has received a letter from Halifax notifying of the rate decrease which the ECB announced on Oct 8 last ?

I am on a tracker and the branch said that the rate was reduced on 1/11 but I have yet to receive written notification of this.

Anyone similar ?

Ta
Tom

The 8th of October rate cut will be reflected in your December repayment and the more recent cut, in January. I rang Halifax on Monday just gone by, feeling really irritated that I had heard nothing....(still haven't a letter by the way) and that is what I was told. Hope this helps.

HI

We are also tracker customers with Halifax. I asked a friend who works for them who said they don't write to customerswhen rates decrease, they publish the notice in the national press ......

Betsy

I can see reduced interest rates in my online bank statement. It is showing reduced next monthly payment.My monthly payments are drawn on 20th of each month.Lets see whats go out this month. I'll post it here..

Hi

Got a letter from Halifax yesterday about the ECB decrease on the 8th October, it was dated the 31st October and said that decrease came into effect from 1st November.

Hi,

I got a letter on Tuesday saying it will take effect as of Dec 1st; it has changed on my internet banking as well.

All banks except ulster bank & first active are passing the full 0.75% cut on. Includes Halifax (they & aib announced it minutes after the ECB announcement)

[broken link removed]

just to confirm, im with bank of scotland/halifax on a tracker too.

the rate decreases are as follows :

oct decrease - noticed in you december payment

nov decrease - noticed in you january payment

dec decrease - noticed in you febuary payment

i was on the phone with them on Friday and they said all decreases will be passed on by Feb...

Hi all,

advice on the following regarding halifax tracker (ecb + 1%) would be appreciated:

the rate reduction on 15 Oct was passed on by halifax from 01 November, which amounted to 4.2% (ecb 3.75% plus 0.45% discount=4.2%).
This is reflected in my December payment.
I received a letter confirming this on the 17th of November.

the rate reduction on 12 Nov has not yet been passed on.
I have not received a letter relating to this reduction.
I rang halifax last week and was told that a letter is on its way. This reduction will take effect from 01 December and will be reflected in my January payment.
This should equate to: ecb 3.25% plus 0.45 discount = 3.7%

Today, a letter arrived from halifax informing me that December is the last month of the discount rate (this is correct)= January payment. However, the letter states that the new rate is 4.25% 'and includes a rate reduction of 0.5% which took place on 01 December'.
This means that the January payment will be 4.25% instead of 3.7%.

Also, the December reduction which should take effect on 01 January 2009 and should be reflected in my February payment should equate to: ecb 2.5% plus 1% tracker = 3.5%

As far as i can make out, the november reduction has not been applied at all, and the rate of 4.25% (january payment) should in fact be 3.7% and thereafter, 3.5%

Could anyone shed some light on this?

http://www.ecb.int/stats/monetary/rates/html/index.en.html

many thanks,

Back