Halifax cc application - they're very slow.

mimmi

Last wednesday, I applied on-line and haven't heard a thing - no e-mail saying 'thanks for applying, it will take xyz days' etc.

What's other peoples experience?

Next contact will be via letter telling you either (1) You've been accepted, please send proof of ID so they can send your card or (2) Thanks but no thanks. Usually takes about 7 (working) days in my experience.

mimmi, had the same experience and waiting time was about three weeks! I was informed that all application for credit cards are processed via their Scottish offices hence this adds to the delay. I did finally receive my Halifax CC after a number of phone calls. I would advise you to do the same mimmi.

I applied online also. Got the letter saying i was approved and also requesting id and utility bill.

Today i got a letter asking me to give them a call for further details. Anyone know what this is about? The letter is at home so i didnt get a chance to ring them yet.

Cheers

Next contact will be via letter telling you either (1) You've been accepted, please send proof of ID so they can send your card or (2) Thanks but no thanks. Usually takes about 7 (working) days in my experience.

I actually got a phone call 2 days later confirming approval & requesting prooff of ID & address. Instead of posting these I brought them 2 a branch & they copied & sent them.
Got the card about a week later.
PS does anyone know why post office or other banks won't accept payments off these cards?

I like the way they're going after the 50% of us that pay off our balance each month by offering €100.

Watch out they don't mix up your documentation and send you someone else's. I know of at least one instance where this happened and they denied it, until the Ombudsman stepped in and fined them 350 euro in favour of one of the parties

it took a month for me to get my card. they contacted me by letter two weeks after applying.

I had a nightmare time with hallifax.

When I applied for a hallifax credit card, I sent of all the documentation - proof of address etc with the application form seeking a balance transfer of 2,500e. It took them 4 weeks to send me my credit card, with a credit limit of 1,250e!!! I requested this to be increased straight away. I was fobbed of for 6 weeks saying my application was being re-processed by the underwriters and was at the bottom of the pile, before they admitted that they had lost all my documention and I was to send it all in to them again. The most annoying part was one of the customer representatives admitted that he could have increased the credit limit himself and that it didn't need to go to the underwriters - this was after 6 weeks of phone calls. I have never encountered such inefficient and bad customer service ever before. I was honestly so annoyed I cancelled the account.

I subsequently applied for a First Active credit card and that was processed within two weeks with a credit limit of 5,000e.

Last edited:
Even though you are not now a Halifax customer or would not wish to- you should complain in writing and request their Final Response Letter. You can then complain to the Financial Services Ombudsman and possibly receive a cash award for the hassle and incompetence!

Back