Greenhills has become Terenure

Marie M

[broken link removed]

Estate agents drive me mad sometimes.

They have to be chancing their arm on this one, this house(Fernhill Road) is bang in the middle of Greenhills, adjoining St Patricks Road, and next door to St Pauls, notice they did not put the postcode in and the map is not working, you would have some job walking to Terenure village from here.

Yeah its unbelievable how estate agents can bend the truth with addresses. Terenure seems to be growing all the time - it now seems to include Greenhills, Kimmage and parts of Templeogue!! Then there are parts of Terenure that are all of a sudden in Rathgar! Same problem around Knocklyon. Loads of houses in Firhouse are advertised as Knocklyon. You notice it around Irishtown as well. Houses that are quite clearly in Irishtown are referred to as Sandymount! In fairness, in this day and age you would be a fool not to make sure you know exactly where you are buying - wouldn't trust the agents at all.

Got youse interested though didn't it? That's the point, get the widest possible audience to at least look and then rely on basic Maths to boost the eventual sale price.

I agree, it is frustrating and annoying to see estate agents advertising properties in a way that is misleading to buyers.

They do this deliberately to increase the sale prices of properties and its very wrong. Crumlin becomes Kimmage, Kimmage becomes Templeogue, Castleknock now seems to stretch from Cabra to Clonee and so on.

The Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland deal with complaints in relation to misleading advertising.

Please see the link below. You can email complaints to them, they do not divulge your personal details to estate agents but deal directly in reprimanding them and forcing them to advertise honestly. I have used this service and found satisfaction with it.

To encourage estate agents to advertise honestly can only benefit buyers.

http://www.asai.ie/

I had noted this also.... someone in work told me they sold there house, it was advertised as Terenure, and they live in Kimmage.

Its like the area Temple Manor in Greenhills, this is surrounded by Greenhills, yet it was promoted by the builders etc, estate agents as Terenure.

Just on a side - my voting card says District of terenure (Im from Greenhills!!!)...

Part of the problem is the difference between peoples understanding of areas and the official addresses. For example alot of what people would class as Ballinteer is still has a dundrum address. What some peole class as part of Kilmacud is Drumartin and the official address includes Churchtown as this was the original address, except now there is Dundrum in between Drumartin and Churchtown

sulo said:
I had noted this also.... someone in work told me they sold there house, it was advertised as Terenure, and they live in Kimmage.

Its like the area Temple Manor in Greenhills, this is surrounded by Greenhills, yet it was promoted by the builders etc, estate agents as Terenure.

Just on a side - my voting card says District of terenure (Im from Greenhills!!!)...
Thats the way the electoral boroughs are organised by the Council......But isn't good to annoy jealous people with.

my wife's mate told us her sister was looking at a house in Crumlin that was - according to the agent - in "Kimmage west"

Back