Greenhills, Drogheda-any opinions/views?

Janelle77

We've just gone sale agreed on a house in Greenhills. The area seems very settled and quiet but we are not from Drogheda and wonder if anyone has any inside information they could share with us good or bad..Thanks..

I lived in Greenhills for over a year. Nice place, an apartment overlooking the river. it's quiet and away from the town (as you already know). Traffic is a problem. It can take 15 minutes just to get across the bridge in the morning and of course it's bad getting back across in the evenings too. I'm assuming you're commuting to Dublin (I was) but if you're not a nine-to-fiver you can avoid the delays.

Thanks Jakdublin, appreciate that good to hear it's nice quiet area-that's important to us.

Nice area and mature enough. However, you will have major traffic issues at the start and end of the secondary school day. I think there's about 1000 pupils in the school so plenty of buses and cars.

Like jakdublin, I agree that you will have problems getting to the south side of Drogheda to head to Dublin in the mornings but you could head across town to an earlier part of motorway and pay the toll.

Back