green toilet cistern needed

kellyoreilly

Toilet cistern cracked.

Its impossible to get coloured bathroom suites. Have already got in touch with discontinued bathrooms in UK but they will prob be very expensive.

Anyone help?

Dublin area

Your best bet is an architectural slavage yard although I'd imagine that most of those operating in Dublin are likely to stock older salvage and not necessarily that "avocado" cistern you're looking for? There is a place in Mountrath, County Laois, called "Anything Goes", they have all sorts of stuff there.

PM me.

We are getting rid of a green cistern, bowl, sink,pedestal, and showertray It is green, but I don't know if it's avocado green. If you hvae a picture of the offending item I can see if it is the same. I can get details tonight.

We are in Cork, so it's yours if you can organise transport.

They are not out of the house yet, but will be before the end of the month.

Thanks Buddyboy I dont think ours is Avocado anyway. We do hv a photo but i dont know how to put that on here. Will get someone to do it 2nite hopefully.Please hold on to it for us anyway. I will also try the place in Laois tnks 2u both.

Thanks Buddyboy I dont think ours is Avocado anyway. We do hv a photo but i dont know how to put that on here.
You can't unless you host it somewhere (e.g. a free image hosting site) and link to it. Otherwise maybe make email contact by PM with the other poster and email it to them?

I think ours cd be Wychelm but it cd be Avocado v hard to tell. Still hvnt thought how to get it from Cork tho. Has anyone ever tried to paint or spray a white cistern? This has been suggested but others say it looks terrible

I checked last night and ours is by Shires. It was in the house when we bought it so can't tell the age, but at a guess 5 to 10 yrs old.

If you have no luck getting a matching cistern, you can have the lot, assuming 1. it comes out without cracking 2. you want to stick with green if you have to change everything anyway.

As I said, there's no hurry, let me know and I can put it aside for you.

PM me and let me know.

I guess ithe cistern didnt come out in one piece then. I tried to PM u not sure if it sent. Ive given up gonna buy a white cistern. Tnks anyway

I have deep green suite that's coming out after easter, bath, sink and ped, toilet. In Galway, PM me if interested, I can email you pic's

I’m a plumber, I just got a wild sage one from Smallman's in Ranelagh recently. They had to order it in specifically.

Toilet cistern cracked.Its impossible 2get coloured bathroom suites. Hv already got in touch with discontinued bathrooms in Uk but they will prob be v.expensive.

Have used that company when I worked in UK, Cistern was whiskey and cost £250. there are millons of shades, tones and colours. i had to bring in lid so they could match. best off getting a white one!

thanks again 2 everyone. Smallmans seems the best option at the moment so I'll try them first. Discontinued bathrooms were looking for over 400 euro so thats not worth it. Have been checkin on Dublinwaste.ie but will look at the jumble one too tnks

To all who helped thank you. To anyone with a similar prob Smallmans suggested Perma glaze or Renubath to paint a white cistern to match the existing suite. Perma Glaze gave me the name of a man who sealed the crack in the old cistern with fibergalss.......... not cheap but the simplest answer and so far its working.

Back