Green stained garden walls

lyn123

My white painted garden wall and very stained green. I can clean it off with bleach or Jeyes fluid but it comes back. Before I repaint them when we get better weather, is there anything I can use to prevent the stain returning? Some sort of sealant? Thanks for your help.

green stains on wall

I think the wet weather is responsible for this. I don't think there's much you can do about it (the green stains), as we don't get enough sunshine.

We used a Fungicidal Wash (Fleetwood brand), it seems to have worked ok, so far so good, but it would need to be done yearly.

I saw an advert today for a product called Eco Sure Green Off.

[broken link removed]

I use stuff pernounced "Cloor-is". Its used for cleaning and disinfecting milking and dairy areas on a farm. It contains hypochlorite so mix well with water, pour over area for cleaning, gentle brush for stubborn areas otherwise leave it alone and few hours later it should be cleared it.
i get mine from a farm suppliers in Cork city but I'm sure the Co-ops have it too.

We used a Fungicidal Wash (Fleetwood brand), it seems to have worked ok, so far so good, but it would need to be done yearly.

Why waste money on that.

Bottle of bleach and dilute it with water.

Brush it on the wall in a circular motion,leave for a while then use a power washer on light spray setting to wash the walls back to a lovely new white colour.

Make sure not to get the bleach anywhere near plants,hedging or trees that you value and want to keep.

My white painted garden wall and very stained green. I can clean it off with bleach or Jeyes fluid but it comes back. Before I repaint them when we get better weather, is there anything I can use to prevent the stain returning? Some sort of sealant? Thanks for your help.

North facing gardens and walls suffer from this,its due to the damp and wind direction.
Its a way of life.

Back