Great Ireland run question

Frank

[broken link removed]

Looks like a good excuse to get out in the pheonix park.

Just wondering what are peoples thoughts on the fee.

Should I pay this myself or pay out of potential sponsorship.

It's a really enjoyable race but getting busier and busier each year so don't count on any personal bests.

I usually just pay the fee myself and have only asked for sponsorship once for this race. It seems like every race wants sponsorship these days (unlike any other sport), but I don't like hitting friends and family up for money 10 or more times a year so I usually just pick one race per year and pay all entry fees myself.

Personally, I think you should pay the fee yourself.
These races have a lot of expenses, you can't expect to particpate for free.

If someone sponsors you, they have an expectation that the money is going to the charity, not to you.

Fair enough basically what I was thinking myself, just wanted find out the etiquette as this would be my first one of these.

TBH personall best's are not really a concern not too fit and built more for lifting than running. But thought I would give it a go.

The fact that is around the pheonix park and is only 10k and raising a few bob for charity is what attracted me.

Great idea. Having a race planned really concentrates the mind to get trainging and the buzz on the day should push you to run faster than on a normal training run,

Good luck

Back