Gravel

Could you clarify where exactly? Is this by the road side, is it on your property?

I've just been through this. If you are planning to use the front garden for parking, then yes you need permission. Or more correctly if you are creating vehicular access from the road to your garden then you need it.

I knocked a front wall parallel to the footpath to allow cars to get in and a neighbour ratted on me. Got a letter from the council saying I was in breach of blah blah blah and I would have to reinstate the wall or apply for planning permission. Did the whole planning thing was a pain in the a**e and costly.

Having said that a guy 2 doors down from me had his front garden concreted to allow for parking. He got a company in to do it and it was done in 2 days, and when I asked him did he get planning he looked at me as if I had 2 heads. He didn't have any contact from the council or anyone, but I think if he ever goes to sell it might be an issue.

unless you affect an area of conservation by removal of an ecosystem or install an entrance that what not previously there - you can do fairly much as you wish on your own land - no planning required.
oirish

Back