Government programme to improve insulation in homes built before 2006

Not being funny but am not sure what you mean - do you want to replace all your windows or just one?

Not sure if just doing DG will qualify, you might have to do more than one measure e.g. cavity and / or attic insulation, replacing heating controls, thermostatic rad valves. Don't think standard condensing boilers were covered. In any case we exceeded the ceiling for the 2k grant so it didnt matter what else we got done, as long as we spent at least 6,666 so that 30% was = 2k.

Also think there is no point doing this unless you have substantial works, as they might only give you the grant once in a lifetime.

I know that underfloor insulation isn't explicitly mentioned on the list, just wondering if anyone has heard more about this as it seems odd that walls but not floors are included as I would imagine that the payback value would be higher on floors if they are easy to access?

Not being funny but am not sure what you mean - do you want to replace all your windows or just one?

Only one of my windows is single glazed so I just want to replce it ;)

Just though it was a reasonable expectation that a grant would be provided for such a basic home energy improvement. Indeed if I did have single glazed throughout the house would it not be better to replace with DG before upgrading my boiler?

Totally agree that DG should be part of it - it was part of the pilot, crazy if its not part of the actual scheme.

Hi there,
Eamonn123456, one question I would be interested in asking you is, when you say you had no choice in which insulation was to be used, did anyone explain the reason for this. The one thing that concerns me is, in the attic where any ventilator trays used in the soffit, because when blown cellulose is used it must have these trays to comply with the agrement certificate for building regulations.

Mineral fibre in any form has never been tested for fitness for a particular purpose and has no such cert when used in an attic, if it where to be tested I do not believe it would have a different result than cellulose, you can contact the Irish agrement board and see it has never been tested.

People. GEt on the site suggested above and read it.

It is a total scam, as you can't do the work yourself and save money. You ave to get a BER cert, use one of their contractors, have the work done after a deuction, do another BER cert and then apply for grant.

Most people will be better doing it themselves.
Unless I've read it completely wrong

Thanks

@ ascottdub

You don't have to get a BER cert to avail of the scheme (there is an option, however, for a before and after energy survey - but it is not mandatory)

Your grant must be approved before work can commence.

(You do have to get a BER cert if you wish to sell or rent your property)

Hi,

Anyone any idea of the rollout date for this scheme - or are they still waiting to get approved contractors?

Angela59

Hi Angela,

The scheme is fully rolled out now and there is a long list of contractors who have registered.

Good luck!

Ms_Frugal
Hi,

Anyone any idea of the rollout date for this scheme - or are they still waiting to get approved contractors?

Angela59

Back