Brendan, as the letters clearly state that you can accept the offer and still appeal, should we go ahead and accept or should we wait?
Good idea, I would definitely be interested in that.Is everyone going to get independent advice from a solicitor, I am new to this forum too, is Padraig Kissane a solicitor? I wonder if it would be worth organising a public meeting for affected customers so that we can move forward as a united group?
Hey Katnia,Got offer today. 325k mortgage taken out in 2007.fixed until Aug 2009, broke out to variable rate in Jan 2009. New rate 1.15% from 4.5%
Refund = 36k
Compo = 5.5k
Also,17k has been taken off mortgage balance.
Hi, thankfully no arrears and no Missed payments.Katnia
Can I ask a personal question, where you in arrears, is that why the balance was reduced?
Could anyone who has gotten their letter maybe do the calculations in Brendan's spreadsheet on refund and see if they amounts are similar, at least we than have an idea if they are calculating them correct
Absolutely. Signing those forms is in no way an acceptance. It's a direction to put you on the tracker rate and confirmation of the account into which the refund is to be paid.Brendan, as the letters clearly state that you can accept the offer and still appeal, should we go ahead and accept or should we wait?