Goszdu Udvar, Budapest, title deeds

T

Tarababy1

Hi

Has anyone who invested in the above in Madach Gardens received their title deeds yet. The lawyer concerned keeps telling us they will be coming through but I am not sure how proactive he is.

Thanks

how long has it been? the process is quite a slow one (15-18 months or so in most cases), but it may have gotten better in the past few years

Hi Paddyd - The apartment was handed over in late 2008 and is currently rented out but we still have not got the title deeds!! I'm also wondering if the solicitor is going to charge us an extortionate amount given the time that has elapsed.

We have paid in full and had a sitting tenant. Unfortunately, it now appears that some of the other tenants did not pay for the utilities and the electricity was shut off. Our tenant has moved out.

We have paid in full and had a sitting tenant. Unfortunately, it now appears that some of the other tenants did not pay for the utilities and the electricity was shut off. Our tenant has moved out.

I have an apartment in Goszdu and am a long way from getting title deeds, as Autoker's lawyer registered the wrong details in the Land Registry and I have had to pay to sort out the mess. Apparently, it is quite common.

Where in Goszdu is your apartment? I ask because I currently have a tenant and have heard nothing about electricity being cut off. I did get a bill for electricity and was told that the rent had included utilities.

There are no title deeds as such in Hungary. There is a centralised property ownership document system at the land registry. You can print off the property sheet/tulajdoni lap of your apartment at any time.

It is common for owners to purchase new properties and have to wait several years for their names to appear on the property sheet of their apartment. Typically though, their name will be listed on the side as an impending owner.

I don't imagine that a lawyer would charge any more than the agreed fee as this is the normal situation for a new property and he doesn't have to do any extra work in the meantime.

Hi Murrisk

Our apartment is in Building 3. I was told by our management agents that there was no hot water to the whole building which resulted in our tenant moving out. A penalty for the late handover of the apartment is also due but we are told that Autoker do not have the funds for this. Are you in the same position?

So how can a buyer be confident that they have a good title on a property? What is to stop a vendor selling the same property to 2/5/10 people?

The delay is only in the case of new properties.

It's not possible for a vendor to sell to multiple buyers. The property sheet system is centralised and it's not possible to put two intended buyers on the same sheet.

Hi Murrisk

Our apartment is in Building 3. I was told by our management agents that there was no hot water to the whole building which resulted in our tenant moving out. A penalty for the late handover of the apartment is also due but we are told that Autoker do not have the funds for this. Are you in the same position?

Dear Tarababy1

I will send you a PM.

I addressed the same issue 2 years ago... As Budapest said search out the property sheet/tulajdoni lap in the local city offices.. i hired a solicitor to do this for me, cost me (150 euro) but worth it really, i also used him recently to go there and change some details (irish home address).. Rgds

I have also difficulty getting answers from the solicitor in Budapest re title deeds. Luckily my apartment is rented 90 per cent of time. I know that there is a problem re non payment of utilities in some blocks.

Guys

If a tennant is not paying bills, the flat's supply is cut...not the building's!

If you're talking hot water, then it's the building admin who's not paying the gas/hot water bill to the utility company.

Back