Gorey to live

Finlandia

Hi

Currently living in Dublin and was considering moving to Wexford, probably Gorey would anyone have any recommendations for nice areas which are commutable to Dublin TIA

Finlandia,
Could you give a little more info and might be able to offer information.
What type of house/property you would consider etc.:)

Hi DCD

Considering a three bed open to estates or house out on their own hopefully within 2km to nearest transport to commute to dublin max budget would be about 200k preferably a quiet area with a bit of life but nothing too busy or noisy

As Thirsty said the ideal situation would be to rent for a while. I commuted a number of years ago to work and it was a right pain.
New three bed semi prices at the moment are between 240k and 260k. Older popular estates like Clonattin and Sean Laois would command prices probably in excess of 200k for 3 bed semi. The likes of Clonattin Village, Ramsgate and Medowgate would be below 200k. These are newer estates with lots of young children and good few rentals. That said there is nothing wrong with them. Nice period type apartments such as priory court bang in the middle of the town make around 180k for a two bed.
Very difficult to find a rental at the moment especially on a short lease.Would I personally commute to Dublin on a daily basis? No.
But many do. If your commute was at your leisure and only a couple of days per week no prob.
Good clubs activities in the area. But as Thirsty suggested maybe take a test drive before jumping. Good Luck.

Thanks so much for the replies I'll take a look into the places mentioned above and might take a few trips down for a look around thanks again

Gorey seems a nice spot but that commute will be hell - by train it's nearly 2 hours each way.

I was told the bus from Gorey was an hour and 10 minutes ? But not sure of parking near the bus

2 euro parking 100m from bus stop main street. Plenty of public/private bus ops. Hour and 10 on a good day.Train as shweeney both expensive and no faster than a stage coach.

Very good bus services to Gorey, but one hour 10 minutes is a little bit optimistic unless you are going to UCD or Donnybrook. After that needless to say the traffic gets heavier and you can add up to half an hour to get to city centre. Unless you find a house close to bus stop you have to build that into the commute time. Parking close to bus stop is an issue.
Having said all that it is a nice place to live but the commute is murder.
I know a few people who commute from Ferns and Wexford town and survive.

I'vs seen alot of houses for sale in Hazelwood area just concerned there seems to be alot anyone know what the area is like

Back