"Google +" Terrible tool

bazermc

Hello

Any other AAMers use Google + (plus)

Previously I used Picsaweb from google to upload photos of my kids so that relations in the US could see them. I cant stand the likes of Facebook and myspace. I found Picsaweb to be the perfect tool

However in recent months I am being forced to use Google plus

The website is slow, diffucult to navigate, forces you to make circles of friends in order to share photos. Suggest people in my circles who I may have emailed once years ago. For example I recently dealt with Dublin City Council and it has suggested they should be a friend!!

Anybody else find it a terrible website. Obviously I can just shut it down but that is not practical as you would mean moving all the photos and resharing all the links with multiple relations and I cant frankly be bothered.

Ok rant over

Yes, klunky and intrusive. Tried it. Wouldn't touch it again with a barge pole.

If you just want to share photos, there are plenty of simpler, less intrusive alternatives, like [broken link removed]. They don't offer quite as much space as G+/G-Drive, but neither do they try to own your life like Google does.

If you want massive amounts of storage, Flickr now gives you a Terabyte for free... :eek:

I migrated over to Flickr from Picasa, a much better service and easy sharing. I'm also trying out [broken link removed] and like it a lot. Their main selling point is a guarantee that you'll always have yoru photos. One of my main reasons for leaving Picasa was Google didn't seem to be doing much with it and ultimately I was worried they'd pull the plug and all pics would go. In theory Yahoo could do the same with Flickr, but far less likely as one of their more important products.

I'm looking for a photo archiving site, that also allows me to share photos. Is there any cloud service that I can rely on as my sole archive, and get rid of the photos on my PC at home. Auto-upload from Android phone would be important.

I'm looking for a photo archiving site, that also allows me to share photos. Is there any cloud service that I can rely on as my sole archive, and get rid of the photos on my PC at home. Auto-upload from Android phone would be important.

Flickr would be a good place to start as a free service, as stated in last response I'm trying out Everpic and like it a lot (everpic doesn't compress the pictures like other cloud services). Both have Android apps to upload straight from phone.

Google discontinued Google Latitude during the summer and moved some of the functionality to Google+. I dont like it as I have no interest in another social media site and feel manipulated by Google.

Back