Google pay and Samsung Galaxy S10

Slim

I installed Gpay on my S10 and uploaded Revolut and PTSB debit cards. All looks good until presented at the terminal. Nothing happens. I've Googled it and checked that NFC is on on the phone. However, Google pay is not a 'default app' in Settings. There seems to be no way of switching it on. 3 shop tried to help but could not.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Have you tried any other debit cards? Revolut, for example? If not, try Revolut's debit card with it - mine is working fine.

Which model S10 is it (S10s / S10e etc) ?

Was the phone purchased from a retailer in Ireland, or another country /geographic region ?

Last edited:
Hi Mr Earl. Thanks for responding. I've loaded both Revolut and Ptsb debit cards. That's all I have. Can't load Avant credit card to it. Phone is Samsung Gala S10a. Bought in 3 in RoI. I was in there today but no luck!

I have it working on an S10 without any issue. I also have the one4all app installed. Anytime I run this it asks to become my default payment app. But if I open Google Pay again, then it asks me to make it the default payment app

Hi Mr Earl. Thanks for responding. I've loaded both Revolut and Ptsb debit cards. That's all I have. Can't load Avant credit card to it. Phone is Samsung Gala S10a. Bought in 3 in RoI. I was in there today but no luck!

Funny that Three couldn't sort it, if they are the ones that sold it to you. What did they say?

I assume you've tried uninstall in Google Pay, then reinstalling it again?

I'd also try deleting the Permo card and just linking the Revolut card.

Hi Slim, it should be a quick setup but there are 2 main things to check:
  • NFC and contactless payments menu
  • GPay Contactless Setup menu
I can't add screenshots here but will send by private message.

if you open the Google Pay app, on the top left of the screen there are 3 horizontal lines. Tap on this, then tap on Contactless setup. This will give you a list of conditions with a tick box beside each. All of mine are ticked. I imagine one or more of yours are unticked. This might give you a hint as to what is wrong.

On my list is:
NFC is on √
Google Pay is set to default √
You have added a card √
You have set a screen lock √
Your phone meets security requirements. √

Thanks everyone. It seems all of the above are on/ticked. I haven't been able to check since I reinstalled but will do so ASAP. Appreciate the help.

Update: on my recent, 2 hrs ago, rare, visit to the chippy, I enquired if Gpay works on their terminal. The very friendly staff member advised me that I need NFC on and Gpay set as a default app. I held the phone to the terminal, no luck, only to be informed that I needed to present the back of the phone, the camera side, to the terminal. Hey presto! Felt the vibration and payment went through! Who knew! Thanks all for all your help!

interesting, had the same problem but I had never thought is that simple to fix. Thanks for the thread, got my Gpay working

Back