Goods not delivered by Online store: where do I stand?

• Thread starter Blueberry08
  • Start date
B

Blueberry08

(apologies if this is in the wrong section)

I ordered three cables for hooking up sundry equipment (TV, DVR, etc) from an Irish online store that promised next day delivery. The money was taken from my credit card two days later (around e75). Three weeks later and the cables still haven't arrived. I've phoned them and emailed them a few times but I keep getting fobbed off. They just ask me to wait a bit longer to see "if they turn up". They don't even make it clear if they have actually sent them and believe them to have been lost in the post, or if there was a delay in sending them. On and on it goes!

I had enough on Friday when they didn't turn up and emailed them asking for a refund. I got a reply asking me if any of the three items had arrived. Eh? It's just getting very tiresome at this stage.

I'm not saying a e75 loss is the end of the world, I'm lucky I didn't order more expensive items, but I'm just really fed up with this nonsense.

Is there anything I can do? If the cables don't turn up and they continue to ignore my request for a refund what are my options?

Thanks.

Institute retailer dispute against the seller with your credit card company. This might likely cough out your money.
Buyers beware.

Good luck.

Update: they promised (again) to "definitely" refund the money to my card but still no joy, so I'm finally going to take the advice above. Just discovered that they also trade on Ebay and although their feedback is generally good they've had a bunch of 'negatives' from people with exactly the same complaint as my own. Their response? They leave a negative for the innocent customer, warning other sellers off "this bad Ebayer". Very nice. I promise, I promise, I won't name this fine Irish online company......but I'd love to :)

I don't think there are any rules on this site against naming them. Do it, if only to warn other users or potential purchasers here.

Last edited:
I'm happy to name them but could a Mod guide me on this first?

Another update...After they agreed to cancel the order they never sent and to give me a refund guess what happens today? I get an email from them saying the refund has been put through (I presume it will take a couple of days for it to show up?), but what arrived in the post this morning? Yep, one third of the order! What a shower.

See on defamation.

Thanks RainyDay. I just read the guideline and I don't see anything in it to prevent me from naming them - everything I said above is pure fact.

So, the website/company is www.phonedepot.ie.

In their emails to me they also list:

http://www.formyphone.co.uk
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Their phone number is in Cork but the cable that turned up was sent from England.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

Another update!

After they sent one of the three cables I ordered (having promised to cancel the order) I emailed them to tell them

(a) I was still waiting for my refund and

(b) I would return the cable (which I no longer need having bought elsewhere) if they forwarded me the cost of the postage first.

Petty? Maybe, but they cannot be trusted and I'm damned if I'll trust them to reimburse me the cost of postage after I return the cable.

Their reply? I will get no refund until I return the cable, even for the two items they never sent.

Okay, I'll finally get around to it tomorrow - time to ring my credit card company.

Final update, I promise! Their latest reply to my final request for my money back:

"Take a chill pill."

This crowd are so bad I'm almost beginning to find them funny. Well, except for the fact that they've had my money for a month.

Thanks RainyDay. I just read the guideline and I don't see anything in it to prevent me from naming them - everything I said above is pure fact.

So, the website/company is [broken link removed].

In their emails to me they also list:

http://www.formyphone.co.uk
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Their phone number is in Cork but the cable that turned up was sent from England.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

I posted my experiences here as a warning:

Back