Goods not arrived-how to get money back

Status
Not open for further replies.

athens2004

I ordered good from a site about 4 weeks ago and when they never arrived I e- mailed to be told "Due to the ongoing problems with customs we have decided to stop shipping
directly to the Republic of Ireland". Now I have asked for the money to be returned to my paypal A/C. My question is can I ask request paypal to get the money back or do I have to get on to my credit card company. Have read the paypal site but not sure of what to do.

You can make a claim on paypal..I've done it before...there should be a link to click somewhere, it's pretty straight forward if I recall correctly.

2 things you need to be aware of;

1. You only get X number of days to 'open a dispute' via paypal. Once the dispute is opened, you get a further X number of days to escalate from dispute to claim. This is a very rigid system - and paypal don't give a fiddlers if you try to work outside of these parameters - so make sure your working within those guidelines.

2. You mention credit card company. Was the transaction made without logging into a (i.e. your) paypal account over visa/mastercard? If so, then you have an opportunity also to claim through them (but paypal is your first port of call). That is ONLY if you paid without actually logging into a paypal account. If you logged in to paypal to 'fund' paypal - which in turn, paid the vendor - then the credit card company will wash their hands of it. Even if the former, the credit card company may well try and wash their hands of it - but stand your ground - and keep the pressure on them until they relent (as they should do).

I e- mailed to be told "Due to the ongoing problems with customs we have decided to stop shipping
directly to the Republic of Ireland".

That's a load of codswallop. Either you've been scammed or, well, you've been scammed.

Ireland is a totally free market and goods can enter without any problems (unless counterfeit or dangerous). If they are from outside the eu, you will have to pay vat & duty, but this is of no consequence to the seller.

Can you name the site and the legitimacy of it can be determined very quickly.

just got my money back today............they refunded it to pay pal. Thanks to everyone for replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back