Good value servers from Dell

Z

zag

Dell seem to have joined the Christmas spirit early or else they have a bit of surplus stock.

They are selling PowerEdge 1600SC (not exactly top of the line, but good all the same) for €149, with no OS and excluding delivery.

It's cheaper to buy two of them, take out the processor from the second and throw away the rest to leave one reasonable dual-processor machine than to buy a second processor at €400+ per processor.

Get them while they're hot.

z

Z,

Is this offer still going today ?

Dont know the Dell site well which may be why I couldnt find much on PE 1600SC at all at all

If its still going I would be grateful if you could post a URL or two

Thanks

eDog

Sorry doggy, they withdrew the offer some time around lunchtime yesterday, They had a link up indicating that the unavailability was temporary, but it is still there so I guess it has just been withdrawn.

There used to be a link off the main small business server page, but that has also gone. I think it may have sold faster than they planned.

We ordered 2 as soon as we saw them (just to be sure) and then had a bit of a think about what spec to order for our next ones and by the time we had thought about it the offer was gone.

Pity.

z

Z,

Thanks for that

Another case of the early dog catches the worm

To bad

eDog

dell outlet site

Not sure if it's what Zag is referring to, but they seem to have occasional bargins on the dell outlet site:
outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/...aint=POWER

Ordered a nice entry level laptop a couple of weeks ago for E634! including vat and delivery. Hasn't arrived yet though :-(

Re: dell outlet site

Tiger,

Dont think it was there that Z got his.

I am now looking through the alternative Dell site

www.delloffthebackofatruck.com

Looks tempting but there seems to be no warranty with any of the systems :cool:

Bloody Dell

Got an email from Dell this AM saying that due to unprecedented demand they couldn't fulfill my order.

I ordered within a few minutes of getting the email.

They do say that even though we sent you a confirmation it wasn't a real confirmation.

z

Re: Bloody Dell

What a let down !

One Big Black Mark for Dell

Back