Good Value Camcorder

idontknow

I need some advise / recommendations regarding buying a camcorder.

I dont' really know much about them and don't have that much to spend. Someone recommended the canon vixia HF100 (SD card) which seems to be a little on the pricier side but I've always been a fan of spending a little extra to get a lot more quality.

Thanks

I just bought a Canan HG10 from Amazon (GSM-Fonz) for €495 inc shipping. Its a High Definition unit with a 40GB hard drive. Haven't tried it out yet but it has excellent reviews online and on youtube.

I could have paid about €800 for the same camera here, but why would you. Equivalent Sony units are nearly twice the price and the Canon has got just as good a review on it.

The downside of the HF100 is that if you plan to use it for long periods, you'll need to stock up on SD cards, which aren't cheap anyway and as its High Def it will eat them up fast. The camera will be lighter than the HD model but its only 500g anyway

sony handycam - mini dv - about €250 - great quality lense + 10 times opt zoom.

Thanks for your replies -
Do you reckon the Sony handycam is good quality, I am looking for a bargain but don't want bad quality picture either

Does the handycam have internal memory? Do you burn onto DVDs?

Taking video of the kids really just for memories, perhaps the odd family event. Just would like good quality picture and I suppose good quality zoom

Back