Good quality wide eyelet blackout curtains

DeeKie

I’m looking for good quality, readymade wide eyelet blackout curtains. I can’t find any after an hour Google searching. Any suggestions?

I had trouble finding blackout ones. In the end, I ordered custom made from UK and it worked out about the same as ready made. I was also able to get matching blind & curtain for 1 room where I needed it. You can even choose the colour of eyelet to match your poles.

Another option is to buy ready made curtains, and separately get blackout lining and stitch it on.

I used 247 Curtains originally, but they no longer ship to Ireland.

BlindsDirect.co.uk still ship, but I used them before Brexit. I've only used them for blinds, excellent quality, but no experience if their curtains.

They will send you small samples of any fabric free of charge.

My tuppenceworth:-
Our "good room" curtains are of good quality and to get them dry cleaned costs €150.00 (probably near to what we paid for them).

We have lesser quality curtains in the rest of the house. But, in the bedroom we have a white black-out blind which keeps as much light out as we want.

I hope this is of help. The OP brought back memories of me doing night work and sleeping during daylight ours. Blackout blinds or blackout curtains are a godsend.

We got decent eyelet blackout curtains in Next and HomeFocus. Paired with blackout blinds (myblinds.ie have been great) and you end up with a very dark room!

I got blackout curtains in Home Store and More about 18 months ago. Fabric with a heavy lined backing, and do the job perfectly. For extra "darkness" I also put up vertical blinds which I got from jysk

I got blackout curtains in Home Store and More about 18 months ago. Fabric with a heavy lined backing, and do the job perfectly. For extra "darkness" I also put up vertical blinds which I got from jysk

The only problem I would have with Home Store and More is that they have very strict rules about returning curtains. I have seen many complaints on-line about their return policy on curtains. Will admit though they do have some very good quality curtains and bedding.

I find Harry Corry have a good selection of both cheap and better quality curtains. Their return policy is quite lenient too.

I would also try to buy instore rather than online if at all possible because the quality of the material and lining can be deceiving.

Some other stores that spring to mind that have a reputation for good quality curtains:

Arnotts
Duffys
Curtain Services

The only problem I would have with Home Store and More is that they have very strict rules about returning curtains. I have seen many complaints on-line about their return policy on curtains. Will admit though they do have some very good quality curtains and bedding.

I find Harry Corry have a good selection of both cheap and better quality curtains. Their return policy is quite lenient too.

I would also try to buy instore rather than online if at all possible because the quality of the material and lining can be deceiving.

Some other stores that spring to mind that have a reputation for good quality curtains:

Arnotts
Duffys
Curtain Services
Thanks

:) It would be a good skill to have. Curtains can be very expensive.

Indeed. I have a sewing machine and have made curtains many times but find of late that it is sometimes as cheap to buy them readymade as it is to purchase the materials/tape etc..

Indeed. I have a sewing machine and have made curtains many times but find of late that it is sometimes as cheap to buy them readymade as it is to purchase the material.
This is very true; much the same can be said for making clothes.
But you will get better quality fabric & finish.

Indeed. I have a sewing machine and have made curtains many times but find of late that it is sometimes as cheap to buy them readymade as it is to purchase the materials/tape etc..

You wouldn’t want to know how much I was tapped up for curtains recently.

It nearly blew my mind.

You wouldn’t want to know how much I was tapped up for curtains recently.

It nearly blew my mind.

You probably went for top quality which can pay in the long run as they last forever. You most likely get browned off looking at them rather than them wearing out.

Many moons ago I thought I was mad to purchase an expensive M&S sitting room suite. It has lasted the test of time so much so that we had it recovered some years ago and it is still going strong. The upholsterer said that the frame was very well made and far stronger than a lot of those made these days.

Back