Good place to buy new Sofa?

Jason C

Hi

Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a good place to buy a new sofa. Had a look in Ikea and didn't like 'em.

Thanks a mil
J

I think the M&S furniture is very good quality and comfortable but not cheap. If you hold out you should get good value in their after Christmas sale. They regularly have[broken link removed]

I like some of the furniture in [broken link removed]. Small and insignificant looking shop but they can do a lot of different suites in lots of materials. They also provide a few types of fillings for hard or soft seats. If you have a bad back this can be very important.

These people have some nice stuff also [broken link removed]

If you run the search option in this forum you should get some previous threads with advice.

I have Next sofas.....like M&S not exactly cheap, but comfortable, high quality, hard wearing, and exactly what i wanted. Next give you swatches of the material to see the actual colours.....my sofas are colour co-ordinated with the dog :D

Bonus with Next was that you can pay over 24 months at 0% APR....

I agree with Sue Ellen on A.J's in Capel street. Tiny shop, but often nice range. M&S aren't cheap, but they are good. I bought a big M&S leather chair from a place beside Woodies on the Malahide road. Don't know the companies name, but it's right of the Woodies door. Quite a big shop too. Check out shops in Blanchardstown too. There are some over near Lidl.

There is a new shop just opened in the Sandyford Industrial Estate at the Beacon Quarter where the old Diamond Living store used to be. It's called soul lifestyle. They have a fantastic display of Scandanivian furniture, definitely different to the norm and even the Norman type of stuff. http://soullifestyle.ie/

I am looking for a two piece sofa for a fairly small tv room. The depth of the sofa will have to be 3 feet or preferably less to fit comfortably in the room. Anyone know where I might source such an item. Most modern sofas are too deep for my liking.

Ths
Billo

Ikea seem to do a lot of stuff to suit more compact spaces. They might have something.

Be careful of Next. Very expensive, made look good but poorly made. No such thing as free finance from Next or DFS. Cost of credit is added to the price organized by external credit companies but their advertisements suggest it is free. Nothing is free in this world. Best locations to buy sofas is Beechmount Navan or Airside Swords.

Back