Good Outdoor Locations Dublin To Meet for a Coffee

dublinwoman72

I’m middle aged and trying the old internet dating. ..Just wondering if anyone can recommend good safe outdoor locations Dublin northside or south side or city centre to meet people for a coffee particularly in the evening time after work during the week. I know you have places like the tea rooms in the Phoenix park that are good for many people but they close at 5 pm every day

The Clayton, Ballsbridge has an outdoor cafe/coffee dock to the front now - very public and outdoor with plenty of space between tables.
Best of luck

The Dropping Well, Miltown has a lot of the car park as a coffee dock, snacks area. Served by Miltown Luas stop.

The Hole in the Wall/Dash Container Cafe at the edge of the Phoenix Park seems to be open till 8pm. There's an entrance (the "hole" in question) to the Park there and there are always plenty of people around that section of the park (but plenty of space to take them too). No seating as such, though.

Here's a bit of advice - Ever thought of taking lessons in landscape painting (or portrait painting)? - Excellent places to meet people and many supply free coffee/tea and somebody different brings the cakes every week. Great fun and a terrific place to meet people. Easy conversation starters too and much cheaper than visiting a pub and more entertaining.

Here's a bit of advice - Ever thought of taking lessons in landscape painting (or portrait painting)? - Excellent places to meet people and many supply free coffee/tea and somebody different brings the cakes every week. Great fun and a terrific place to meet people. Easy conversation starters too and much cheaper than visiting a pub and more entertaining.
It sounds like a place to meet loolahs.

I think you’re going to the wrong pubs, Leper.

It sounds like a place to meet loolahs.
"
Thanks for that Gordon. I enjoy my art and I appreciate good art. I've even invested in some pieces of Irish art. The Original Poster mentioned Internet Dating and I thought taking lessons in landscape painting or portrait painting is a good way to meet people and gain a new skill along the way. Call me a "loolah" if you wish, I have no problem with that and for the record I've sold some of my paintings.

The coffee/tea where provided is free and each week different "artists" bring the cake(s). Conversation is freeflowing and easy and there's always the paintings. Let me point out you don't have to be an artist to draw conclusions and there are better places than pubs to meet people.

(I hope I'm keeping within the scope of this thread and hope I am not causing offence to Dublinwoman72)

There are places other than pubs to meet people alright.

However, the query is around venues at which one might arrange to meet an internet date.

And the tea, coffee, or buns being free doesn’t really sound like the greatest advertisement.

Maybe if the OP was 83 rather than “middle-aged” which is young these days.

I just find the suggestion a little obscure and odd to be honest, apologies.

There are places other than pubs to meet people alright.

However, the query is around venues at which one might arrange to meet an internet date.

And the tea, coffee, or buns being free doesn’t really sound like the greatest advertisement.

Maybe if the OP was 83 rather than “middle-aged” which is young these days.

I just find the suggestion a little obscure and odd to be honest, apologies.
No need to apologise Gordon. I've been called a lot worse than "loolah." But, if you haven't tried it don't deride it. The OP is bent on meeting people and I can confirm lessons in landscape or portrait painting will guarantee new introductions. Where those introductions go, I have no control. But, it beats internet dating on all counts. OK! the cakes are an unnecessary cheesy prop, but they can be used as conversation starters. The ol' "turn a negative into a positive" adage comes to mind.

I'm not knocking Internet Dating as I've never experienced it. But, occasionally I set up an easel outdoors at some picturesque spot and soon after using the first colourful brush strokes, I'm pleased to say that many come to me to start a conversation and not the other way round. For those who desire, it's a cheaper and easy way of introductions and sometimes profitable.

Furthermore, with lessons in art you tend to notice things much more than before.

As We travel around on day trips I am finding lots of delightful new outdoors cafe shops with plenty of space between tables in every town and village I visit customer service is very good so far,
I cannot speak for Dublin but I expect the same is happening around the Dublin area,

but dublinwoman72 is looking to try out Internet dating and looking for a safe place to meet up after 5 pm, I think it would be easier to finish the coffee if dublinwoman72 wanted to finish the date,

Trying out the new coffee shops which have sprung up since the lockdown was lifted in areas they know would be a nice way to pass a date,

they may not like their new internet dating partner but like a new coffee shop located close to their base all is not lost,

(The above post was in reply to a post no 11 this would have been post 12 when I hit the reply button and checked the post was removed,

Last edited:
Starbucks on St Stephen’s Green (the old Anglo Irish building) has outdoor seating and stays open until 10.30pm (AFAIK).

Good setting for a “reeling in the years” conversation…

Clontarf sea front is lovely. Plenty of places for a walk and a talk. Plus people watching, coffee, or something stronger on take out. Good luck

I see one side of Sandymount green is going to be pedestrianized to facilitate outdoor dining for July and August there must be others areas also,

I’m middle aged and trying the old internet dating. ..Just wondering if anyone can recommend good safe outdoor locations Dublin northside or south side or city centre to meet people for a coffee particularly in the evening time after work during the week. I know you have places like the tea rooms in the Phoenix park that are good for many people but they close at 5 pm every day

Dun Laoghaire has a good coffee caravan at the start of the East pier - as well as a number of outlets just down from the Dart station

In town, there are a number of coffee options at the top of Grafton street which gives you the Green to sit down in.

Along Sandymount strand there is a coffee shop which you can take for a walk along the strand.

I listened to a Women's hour esposide recently and a dating site owner recommended a walk as a first date.

The Basin in Dublin1, the Dublin castle gardens. Lovely spots. The basin, despite its location, is a gem.

Blackrock main street and also Blackrock market have lots of places to eat and outdoor seating. You can buy hand rolled ice cream or traditional Italian gelato, poké bowls or posh coffee. Honestly it feels like the Med not a boring suburb these days.

Back