Good news guys..

That's wonderful news. What part of the public sector do you work in? Just general area. Not looking for your specific job.

Marion

I always thought bonuses were more a Private Sector thing ?

Whatever it's good news , as long as it's not the Banking sector where the bonus schemes incentivised risk taking leading to disaster.

That's wonderful news. What part of the public sector do you work in? Just general area. Not looking for your specific job.

Marion

one of those American multinationals who raced to the bottom all those years ago and relocated here

You're such an oul' softie, Firefly! :)

How about this - A few weeks ago I saw a mother and son (3ish) on a bus. She kissed his forehead, lips and both cheeks and hugged him. He kissed her & hugged her back the same way. A very heart-lifting moment.

... the Banking sector where the bonus schemes incentivised risk taking leading to disaster.

Indeed. The same risktaking that the crutch of the public sector, the trade union movement, were only too happy to attempt to profit from (and thus indirectly encourage) at the time. :)

Indeed. The same risktaking that the crutch of the public sector, the trade union movement, were only too happy to attempt to profit from (and thus indirectly encourage) at the time. :)

A very general comment , could you provide some examples of Trade Unions attempting to profit from Private Sector bonus schemes ?

Wife heads off, with the kids, tomorrow to visit her sister in Cork - back Sunday.

House to myself. World Cup + 3 rugby internationals + GAA Championship matches.

Fathers Day comes early :D !

Waterford's own Mario Rosenstock ( of the Tramore Rosenstocks , don't you know ! ) has a World Cup related show - Special 1 TV starting on the 11th at 10.30 on BBC 3.

Should be good fun.

Wife heads off, with the kids, tomorrow to visit her sister in Cork - back Sunday.

House to myself. World Cup + 3 rugby internationals + GAA Championship matches.

Fathers Day comes early :D !

That is nice!

...could you provide some examples of Trade Unions attempting to profit from Private Sector bonus schemes ?

No, I couldn't, because it's not what I'm claiming as well you know.

My good news? Still in love, holiday looming and despite everything, it's still a beautiful world - it's all a matter of perspective. :cool:

No, I couldn't, because it's not what I'm claiming as well you know.

My good news? Still in love, holiday looming and despite everything, it's still a beautiful world - it's all a matter of perspective. :cool:

Quite honestly , I have no idea what you are claiming.

Could be construed as good news for me I suppose.:)

Jeez , Caveat.

How tenuous is that ?

How in the name of God can Trade Unions influence a Bank Board in terms of any bonus scheme they implement , you really are stretching on this one !

:rolleyes:

Read post #64 again. Carefully this time.

Risk taking is the operative phrase here. Nothing to do with bonuses.

Anyway - are you sure about that weather now Firefly? 'cos the missus is mad for it. I think she's allergic to being indoors!

Aaanyway, back on topic. Weather's good for the weekend = being outdoors

Thats crazy talk. World Cup, GAA, Rugby. Why would anyone leave the house apart from a beer run and even then you can get it delivered!

Caveat, don't let them drag you into it!!
Some people are not very good at hearing good news and just want to drag things down..
It must be very difficult for them to live like that ,so they have to try make others as miserable..;)
On the other hand ,the good news is,they are just confirming what some of us already know....:)

Caveat, don't let them drag you into it!!
Some people are not very good at hearing good news and just want to drag things down..
It must be very difficult for them to live like that ,so they have to try make others as miserable..;)
On the other hand ,the good news is,they are just confirming what some of us already know....:)

Absolutely Caveat , don't let the b**tards grind you down ( whoever they
are !)

Anyway, World Cup kicks off tomorrow.
USA,Algeria and Slovenia jerseys - check
Henri " Le Voleur " T shirt - check
Paddy Power a/c - primed and ready
Best seat in local earmarked
Dog house - cleaned and aired

Absolutely Caveat , don't let the b**tards grind you down ( whoever they
are !)

Check out the rules...

2) Absolutely no bad language or profanities
We have a zero tolerance approach to bad language. If you use bad language, you will get a warning and your post will be removed. We don't allow self-censored expletives either such as f**k or sh1t.

Check out the rules...

2) Absolutely no bad language or profanities
We have a zero tolerance approach to bad language. If you use bad language, you will get a warning and your post will be removed. We don't allow self-censored expletives either such as f**k or sh1t.

For Gods sake - go out and hire a sense of humour!

Is b**stard a profanity ?, last time I checked it meant someone born out wedlock.

Back