Good Luck Leinster.

Lex Foutish

I'm not much of a rugby man. However, over the last few years, I've become very cynical about soccer and more enthusiastic about rugby. And I watch all the Munster and Ireland matches now, which I wouldn't always have done before.

And, as someone from Munster, I just want to say that I hope Leinster will be celebrating a Heineken Cup victory this time tomorrow night.

It would cap a great year for Irish rugby and the rejuvenated Brian O' Driscoll.

Hope all the Irish lads come through it unscathed, would hate to see us lose anymore numbers from the Lions squad.

Time to dust off an geansaí gorm, the chinos & Docksides...

"Zippin' up my boots,
Goin' back to my roots, Yeah,
Take the place of my birth,
Back down to earth..."​

Well the cup stays in Ireland and it looks like the rest of the Irish Lions are still ok (as long as O'Driscolls shoulder doesn't give lifting the trophy!).

Leicester is my local team, but my family links are all Leinster: my cousin suggested I should support Leister.

For any munster fans looking to put a smile back on their faces just google 'leinster win' and see the first result.

For any munster fans looking to put a smile back on their faces just google 'leinster win' and see the first result.

Not so much a smile as a grimace of what could have been...

ah thats hilarious, nearly as funny as Leinster hammering munster in the semi and winning the final to be crowned champions of europe.

no wait i have just seen keith earls playing for the lions, that was even more hilarious!!!

ah thats hilarious, nearly as funny as Leinster hammering munster in the semi and winning the final to be crowned champions of europe.

no wait i have just seen keith earls playing for the lions, that was even more hilarious!!!

You saw an Irishman have a bad debut and you are happy about it, good on you. Leinster winning the HC may have seemed funny to you I don't know why, was it surreal? did you not think they could do it? And by the way try and develop a real sense of humour.

You saw an Irishman have a bad debut and you are happy about it, good on you. Leinster winning the HC may have seemed funny to you I don't know why, was it surreal? did you not think they could do it? And by the way try and develop a real sense of humour.

+1. Well said.

earls is a very average fullback. even mcgahan agrees that hes not a centre.
an Irishman should have started that game. Gordon D'arcy not a one trick pony like earls.
he was brutal and over hyped and over praised by bandwagoners....just like most of the munster team.

john hayes should have been a lion this year (a fantastic servant to Irish rugby) as should gordon darcy and probably geordan murphy. i found it hilariously bad that earls was brought.

earls is a very average fullback. even mcgahan agrees that hes not a centre.
an Irishman should have started that game. Gordon D'arcy not a one trick pony like earls.
he was brutal and over hyped and over praised by bandwagoners....just like most of the munster team.

john hayes should have been a lion this year (a fantastic servant to Irish rugby) as should gordon darcy and probably geordan murphy. i found it hilariously bad that earls was brought.

He is 21 and is a very possible star of the future that might just blossom on tour. He wasn't picked without merit as I'm sure you may have noticed that he has scored his fair share of tries this season even against the European champions. If his one trick is try scoring its a good start.
You say he was brutal and overhyped, is that for this game or in general?
As for the munster team being overhyped, that does happen when you are reigning champions and have such a strong record as well as providing some commanding performances this season. Leinster will have hype next year because they are now the champions although stars like BoD will be another year older and Rocky is heading home.
Earls has the rest of the tour and his career to prove himself and i really hope that he does because we should be watching the future of Irish rugby and encouraging it not wishing it into the rejct bin as you seem to be doing.

Would there be an place for her then on the Munster bandwagon seeing as a few will fall off it after the HC semi;)

Wouldn't know about bandwagoners but I'd say we still have most of them as Munster are still the top ranked club(No 1) side in the Northern hemisphere, a fact many other club supporters seem to forget. One HC doesn't make a summer my friend.

BTW Ron, how did Man U get on the other night?;)

Back