Good juicer & smoothiemaker

The Magimix Le Duo juicer is the way to go. Takes up a lot less space than the Breville and looks a lot better. Produces fantastic juice.

I'd add another vote for the Breville Antony Worrell Thompson one - just two oranges for a delicious glass of orange juice in just 5 seconds - try getting that from the old squeez method! Love the way ye can just drop a whole apple in too! One question on that - I saw a clip on Nationwide on Friday where a woman suggested leaving the apple pips in when juicing as they contain valuable nutrients - but then the book with the juicer suggests leaving them out as they are bad for you! Anyone know which is correct?

my old blender has started to leak(plastic jug) so am looking to replace it, I use it most for soups but am now interested in making juice/smothies, am I better going for a blender again as homemade soups are a must in our house and veg have to be pureed

The Magic Bullet is super altogether. Mainly because you can leave it on the worktop (it's only the size of a mug) and you don't have to keep taking things out and putting them away, which I think is the major downfall with big appliances. All that hassle, I'm very lazy!
It's fantastic for smoothies anyway, I don't drink juice but it does have a juicer yoke in the box. Doubt its much good though. It's mainly for smoothies and whipping creams and grinding cheese and breadcrumbs.
You can put the whole lot into the dishwasher and microwave.
I think it's fantastic. The ad is on the advertising channel most nights and it's a half hour long so you'd get great ideas for soups and sauces. The one on the telly is €99, but you can buy the exact same in Dunnes for €40 or there abouts.
Cant recommend it highly enough. My dad even has his own "Bullet Sauce" that he invented to go with spuds, it's great stuff!

I got a Magic Bullet for Christmas - have started making a smoothie every day and am loving it. I don't bother putting it in the dishwasher as it's really easy to clean if you do it straight away and that way it's always available. Used the juicer part once and to be honest it wasn't great - didn't get a huge amount of juice and what I did get was quite pulpy. Also the fact that you have to peel oranges etc. would make for more work - easier to cut the orange in half and squeeze it on a traditional press. But for smoothies, onions, cheese etc. it's working out well for me. It has even *gasp* replaced my Tupperware Quick Chef as chopper of choice when cooking for one as the small cup attachment is perfect for small quantities.

Back