Good areas to live in and around Wexford town in 2022?

TheGreenBird

Hi everybody,

We've decided on buying a house in Wexford and would really appreciate opinions on what specific areas are good to live in.
Most of the information we found on various forums are a couple of years old, so unsure how valid it is today.

Here's roughly what we're looking for:
- Good, safe areas
- Reliable internet, 90Mbps at least
- Shops nearby
- Within 10 mins drive from town centre

Thanks a mill for all your inputs!

10 minutes drive from Wexford town centre limits your location somewhat - Piercestown, Murrintown, Castlebridge and Clonard are the areas that spring to mind, local shops are limited in the first 3 of these, Clonard is 5 minutes from town and has out of town shops, Lidl etc. Then there are new estates on the Newtown Road, short drive (or longer walk) to Aldi, again 5 mins from town. I live near Murrintown but rural and get ultra high speed BB but further up the hill doesn't so you'd have to check by area. I have friends living in all the areas I mentioned and they are all good, safe areas with pleasant communities. Moved here 25 years ago and no regrets!

Thanks mct1.

We had a look at various areas. Piercestown and Murrintown are both nice, though have a bit "remote" feel to them (but then we didn't spend too much time in each). Castlebridge is a contender.

We liked the estates along Newtown Rd near the hospital. Are they as peaceful and pleasant as they look like on a sunny day?

How about places along Whiterock Hill Road (Whitebrook and Lus Mor specifically)?

And then there is Roxborough Manor - looks good, new houses, affordable, but hard to get a feel of the place when half of it is essentially a building site. Would anyone have more info about how it is to live there?

Thank a mill.

If you mean Ard na Slaine and Coill Aiobhinn estates on the Newtown Rd, I visit friends there and yes they're very peaceful and pleasant. Don't know Roxborough specifically but it's up Mulgannon which is a desirable area - I should have mentioned that, we know people in Hillcrest which is the estate next door. I dont know the estates up Whiterock Hill but the area's fine to my knowledge. If you're visiting on another sunny day maybe try and catch estate residents out in their front garden and ask them what it's like living there?

Back