Health Insurance Good alternative to Laya Flex 500 Explore

declan29

Hi All,

My Laya Flex 500 Explore policy (covers my wife and myself) is due for renewal in a few weeks. I always refuse to accept the auto-renewal and instead buy a new policy online to save some money (I've never moved from Laya in 9 years, but I've saved roughly €100 per year doing this). I also usually avail of the 10 weeks "no loss of continuous cover" option as well (unless I know we have consultant visits or anything coming up). So, once again this year I'm looking to see if there's a better option than our current package?

By better option, I mean is there a package that offers broadly the same benefits for less money, or a package that offers significantly better benefits for the same (or not much more) money. The excess on our policy is high, and ideally I'd like to reduce it, but I'm prepared to accept it for better all-round cover. The reason I went for Flex 500 Explore was largely down to the cover for cardiac in private hospitals (long history of cardiac problems on both sides of my family). So I'd be keen to retain that if at all possible. We're living in Limerick, which means we probably need cover for Bon Secours Limerick, Tralee and private hospitals in Cork and Galway as a minimum.

If there's no better options that the one we're on, so be it. But if you don't ask, you don't get!

Many thanks in advance,

Declan.

I was wondering the same thing Declan and haven't managed to find better than the Flex 500 explore yet in terms of bang for buck.

I was wondering the same thing Declan and haven't managed to find better than the Flex 500 explore yet in terms of bang for buck.
I ended up moving to Laya Signify this year. The cardiac cover isn't as good, but excess is lower and most other things are the same across both policies. But if cardiac cover is important then I'd stick with Flex 500 Explore.

Back