"Gone" on Daft vs. Sale Agreed

Muns11

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me. I've been watching a couple of houses for the past few months ( we're not in a position to buy until early next year..saving like mad, 2nd time buyers). Both of these houses have been on the market for 12 months plus and both reduced st least once. Then last Friday I noticed that both of them now display "Gone" as opposed to " Sale Agreed" or "Sold". I phoned the estate agent and before I could finish the address he was booking me in for a viewing. When I mentioned it would be a few more months before we could buy he quickly said it was only sale agreed and could well be back on the market again.
Is it more likely that the seller has pulled the houses from the market?
Apologies for long post just slightly confused by this.

With what you've told us we can only GUESS what's going on here. In my opinion, this so called estate agent is chancing his arm and remember, whatever way he's doing business for the sellers he'll treat you in exactly the same way if you decide to deal with him.

Let's give the real estate agent some praise. "Sale Agreed" merely means that a price has been negotiated and awaiting engineer's report, mortgage approval etc. "Sold" means the property is sold. "Gone" means When they're gone, they're gone - like the ad for Harvey-Norman. It's just a sales technique but you can take it the properties are no longer for sale.

I don't blame OP for being confused.

Since when did ' gone ' become a phrase on signage for Auctioneers, seems very low level and unprofessional to me.

I have noticed that if the ad is being refreshed or updated on Daft, “Gone” appears. It seems it’s gone, as in the advert is no longer live on Daft.ie. I’m sure there are several reasons, perhaps it’s no longer on the market etc.. or it’s possibly something as simple as the estate agent temporarily editing his portfolio ads at that time. The property often reappears again a short while later. However you might have to search again for it and then once again add it to your saved favourites.

'Gone' is just what shows up in Daft when the add you had previously saved is no longer live anymore. It doesn't reflect the state of the property. Property might still be for sale (and relisted with a slightly different address or price) or taken off the market or sold. I also know that some Auctioneers don't mark properties on daft as 'sale agreed' until contracts are signed (if at all). I've learned you can't trust the status of the daft add :)

Thank you all for the replies. Suddenly all properties for sale by the same auctioneer are all "Gone". Good week for him! Or perhaps it's bad

Another point to note is that when a property does go sale agreed it will show in your favourite list on the daft website as 'gone' but on the mobile app it will show as 'sale agreed'. If it shows as 'Gone' on the mobile app then its not live anymore.

Back