Golf clubs suitable for senior lady

joanmul

I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand set of Ping Red Dot ladies golf clubs. Would anyone be able to tell me if Ping red dot would suit a senior lady (early 70s). I play 18 holes once a week and 9 holes twice a week, on foot. I'm a bit confused about the blade type and don't know if they are suited to low handicappers or mid to high handicappers. Your opinions would be appreciated.

Not a golfer anymore but from memory the red dot only refers to the lie angle of the clubs. Whether the clubs have the correct lie angle depends (roughly) on the size, posture and arm length of the player.

The model of the club (rather than the dot colour) is more useful in determining if the club is suitable for low or high handicap golfers.

Also important is shaft flex. Higher swing speeds usually require stiffer shaft flex. Would guess a lady in her 70s would require a softer flex.

Not a golfer anymore but from memory the red dot only refers to the lie angle of the clubs. Whether the clubs have the correct lie angle depends (roughly) on the size, posture and arm length of the player.

The model of the club (rather than the dot colour) is more useful in determining if the club is suitable for low or high handicap golfers.

Also important is shaft flex. Higher swing speeds usually require stiffer shaft flex. Would guess a lady in her 70s would require a softer flex.
Many thanks. That's helpful info.

Ping have a colour coding system for their golf clubs which covers the “lie” of the clubs.

That’s the angle at which the shaft leaves the head when it’s sitting on the ground.

A taller person tends to need upright clubs (e.g. blue) while a smaller person tends to need flat clubs (e.g. red).

So it depends on the height of the lady and the way she addresses the ball.

The shaft flex is very important also.

I’ve attached the colour codes from which you can see red is just the first on the flat scale (1 degree).

For a small lady, red mightn’t be enough.

What type of Ping irons are they? e.g. ‘G-5’ or something?

Attachments

• 928F0542-5563-4167-BFA8-217ED88EF7A8.jpeg
    928F0542-5563-4167-BFA8-217ED88EF7A8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Ping have a colour coding system for their golf clubs which covers the “lie” of the clubs.

That’s the angle at which the shaft leaves the head when it’s sitting on the ground.

A taller person tends to need upright clubs (e.g. blue) while a smaller person tends to need flat clubs (e.g. red).

So it depends on the height of the lady and the way she addresses the ball.

The shaft flex is very important also.

I’ve attached the colour codes from which you can see red is just the first on the flat scale (1 degree).

For a small lady, red mightn’t be enough.

What type of Ping irons are they? e.g. ‘G-5’ or something?
Thanks for that. They might not suit me as I'm not short. They're Ping Serene.

Back