Gold fund

blass

Hello,

I would like to have some exposure to gold but I do not want to invest large sums such as EUR10,000 as required by GOLDCORE etc. I would like to invest in a gold fund of some sort but I can't find one that I could start with a modest suml and reguarly add to over time.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Have a look at the SPDR Gold Trust ETF. It trades on the NYSE using the ticker symbol GLD. There are plenty of articles online about this fund.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GLD
1 share will cost you $93.65 today, so no need for a huge investment. The fund owns actual gold, and follows the gold price, no no need to trade on the futures market, or hold actual gold if you want exposure to the yellow metal.

(Disclaimer - I do not own this fund!)

A gold fund of some sort - Eagle Star / (must remember to call them Zurich!) launched a unit linked product back on 17 July - info here [broken link removed]

Hibernian Aviva have the Blackrock BGF World Gold Fund which you can pay lump sums or regular premiums into.

It`s abit late to get into gold now as the price is high and doesn`t look as it will get much higher.

It`s abit late to get into gold now as the price is high and doesn`t look as it will get much higher.

Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense at all. Just because price has risen beyond last month, last year or 5 years ago, has absolutely no bearing in future price movements.
Wait until inflation starts picking up...

Back