Going rate for stuffing leaflets through letterboxes ?

R

rabbit

Hi,
A relative who is a student has been offered some part time work putting fliers / leaflets for businesses through house letterboxes in housing estates etc. I am sure lots of people do this work ? Anyone know the going rate for this kind of work ? Would 80 euro per 1000 delivered be equivalent to the minimum wage ? Or would that even be the going rate ?

I guess you have to estimate how many you could do per hour and work from there. I'd say it would take about 1 hour to do a typical housing estate of 300 houses, but then if you're talking about smaller estates that you will spend time travelling between...this travelling time will have to be factored in. But the figure you mention seems reasonable if there is little travelling time beyween drop-off areas.

I think possibly 100 per hour would be more realistic, especially mixed housing in suburbia where sometimes there may be gates to be opened and closed, driveways to be walked up etc. Thanks anyway. Just thought someone else may know of pay rates elsewhere for this kind iof work.

Try your local scout troop, you can contribute towards their summer camp in return for the service, not sure about charges though....

Would it not be cheaper to get your local newspapaer to do it? There are companies affiliated to these who do this type of work.

Back