Gmail opens service for Irish users

Just to say that I get loads of spam in my Gmail account but it always goes directly to the Spam folder.

I've got about 2,000 in mine. I use it as a filing cabinet.

Didn't think it held that much, make sure they're not important like personal incase you get hacked, not that that's going to happen. "Better safe than sorry" would be an appropriate saying:)

guess he means service-wise,and i have to agree. No spam, no BS in general & no errors on the gmail website, it's just more efficient than any other sites i've experienced over the years.
- Thanks Snakebite for the above comment.

why do you sound ironic?:D

Snakebite -no irony intended -was just thanking you for answering the question for me.
I wonder how many have signed up recently to G Mail? -alot I would say!

It holds nearly 3,000MB. My 2,000 messages take up only about 6% of that.

Exactly - the beauty of it is that you never need to delete anything and it's highly searchable so easy to find anything ... it's been described as a second brain before and I guess in a way it kind of could be !

The only downside is the contextual advertising they put in it triggered off Keywords in your email ... some people consider this too invasive but I find that not too intrusive really and consider it a reasonable "price" to pay for such a good email system.

Certainly way better than the hideously slow hotmail that's full of non contextual but heavy graphical advertising .. surely hotmail must die of they don't innovate more.

I get 1000+ pieces of spam per day with gmail

Have you tried marking some of them as spam and seeing if they continue, Ive my gmail address from nearly day one they released it, not exagerating by saying I get no more then 1 spam email a month in my inbox, everything else goes to the spam folder of which there is several hundreds monthly. very efficient.

haven't heard much that hotmail doesn't offer - and I have accounts with both, neither of which gets much spam.

also someone mentioned having your gmail on your google home page - will it allow me to access hotmail or yahoo etc?

FYI to all you who posted about spam: the amount of spam you get is directly related to your use of your email address when signing up to web sites, forums etc. if you are careful you will generally not get spam.

the one feature I 'like' on gmail is the advertising that is content sensitive based on the opened mail - nice to see google monitoring my mails...i have NO concerns about my privacy.

FYI to all you who posted about spam: the amount of spam you get is directly related to your use of your email address when signing up to web sites, forums etc. if you are careful you will generally not get spam..

Sort of a development of what i just said:) At least i know i'm not wrong.

I've been using it for a year now, find it brilliant, have downloaded the mobile phone application as well, receive a text message every time I get a mail and can screen what comes in, what needs to be checked urgently & what doesnt, pretty cool

I like Gmail I get much less spam and I've no problem with speed logging in or switching between accounts. I like the way it groups all emails in the same subject. I dislike the tagging instead folders, and I like the free access to gmail via pop3 to outlook. I also like the way it stores all your addresses and contacts.

I also use hotmail put think its as clunky as heck, and you don't have free pop3 access.

I use pop3 so I can have offline storage of my emails in a PST.

Back