Glebe Hall, Deansgrange

Emily R

Hi All,

I went to see an apartment in Glebe Hall which is near Bakers Corner in Deansgrange. As I am not too familar with area, I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it.

I am looking quite safety conscious as I would be living on my own. There seems to be some council estates near the apartments-not directly beside but certainly within 5 minutes walk.

Also regarding the set of apartments itself, there appears to be some social housing on the ground floor.

Aside from the safety aspect, my main pros are that it is well serviced transport wise, close to some shopping centre in Dun Laoghaire.

If anyone has some knowledge or opinion on Glebe Hall/general area, this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Emily

Your post seems, to me, to imply that there is a correlation between council and social housing and you being unsafe. That has not been my experience to date and seems rather snobbish to me. Virtually all of the "council" estate is now owner-occupied, also I'm not sure how an apartment can "seem" to be social housing - it is or it isn't, what in your opinion is the give away that it is social housing?

The one issue you might have is noise coming from Baker's Corner pub, more at closing time than from the pub itself. Friends of mine live on Abbey Road not very far from the apartments and they've never had any trouble.

You have the 46a, probably the most frequent bus service in Dublin, linking you to Dun Laoghaire and the City Centre. There's a Lidl at Deansgrange and there will be a Tesco soon on the Upper Glenageary Road where the Golf Club was. Also, the Blue Pool is nearby in Monkstown.

It's a nice area.

Back