Glass Splashbacks

Mers1

Hi,

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a glass splashback for behind a hob, standard size. B&Q have them but are quite expensive and they have to be ordered from the UK. Is there anywhere in the Dublin West/Kildare areas?

Many thanks.

Hi Mers1,
Am also looking for this but for larger area.....Homebase had three colours in fairly standard sizes, I think in Black, Red Vermeer and a clear opal colour, also had to be ordered in, maybe they will be a little cheaper,
Good Luck,
FiFiB

Get a glazier to make it to size - I've decided against one though cos I've heard dirt/grease etc catches behind them........

Glazier is definitely the way to go.

I haven't had any problem with dirt or grease behind it.

We're also planning on a glass splashback, and I was thinking that a glazier would be our first port of call for a price.

I was planning on sealing around the edges with clear silicone sealant to prevent dirt, grease, and moisture from getting in at the back.

I notice that my sister has cracked her's , I think it was steam that caused it , shame that she didnt get it at Argos .

pjq

try celtic stained glass. 087 2887080. I got a splash back for the hob and all around the work tops, great job and reasonable price. The cost goes up if you need cut outs for sockets etc.

I had my own glass splashbacks made up by a local glazier (Myra Glass, Dublin) for a 2.6m run of worktop, including the area behind the cooker, as a low maintenance alternative to tiling (I hate dirty grouted joints). The glass had to be heat resistant which put the price up slightly but was still much more cost effective than tiling - a few years ago now but I think it was €120 for two sheets measuring 1.3m x 0.4m each, including delivery. I then used an Ikea system consisting of two aluminium rails that you fix to the walls (concealed fixings) and the glass sits in between (approx. £12) to create the splashbacks - very quick, very easy and very slick overall finish.

Sounds like a good idea living:room. Must look into this, is the system available in IKEA?

I have never used these guys but their glass splashback and choice of colour looks interesting:-

http://www.colourglass.ie

They are located in Ranelagh. A friend recommended them to me when I was looking into rennovating my kitchen. Might be worth a look.

Wheels,

I think it's still available at IKEA, though it's a few years since I bought mine. It's called the 'Imperativ' rail system and there is an 'Imperativ' splashback sheet as well - the sizes didn't work for me so I had my own made up.

Back