given 14 days by executor to claim share in will

snaggedlady

my children are named in a will the solictor has sent me a form to fill out to name all my children and says i have 14 days to do so if i want to make a claim on the will!

I presume that you are actually able to comply with the request.

Certain information on beneficiaries is required as part of the process of applying for probate.

If the death was that of a close relation, I would think that writing to you so soon, and imposing such a peremptory time limit, is insensitive. In your position, I would tell the solicitor so in the hope that he or she might be more considerate in future cases.

[I have just copped on that this is part of an ongoing saga. You might need to have your own legal advisor.]

Last edited:
yes my brother got my mum to write me out of her will i have took legal advice and im waiting for legal aid but this might not come before the 14 days he has gave me.

You need to get your own solicitor to act on your behalf.
The advice you get here is unlikely to solve your particular problem.

probate has been got

Are u 100% certain?

I was in probate office yday and they are running about 7 weeks.

Getting the death cert takes a while as well so ask for a copy of the probate or else contact the Probate office.

One being cut out of the will, you have an option under S 117 of Sucession act to challenge the will

Please read it carefully and get legal advice
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1965/en/act/pub/0027/sec0117.html#sec117

However the legal, costs are for your account

Back