Gifts for child from different people - one account

bluellama

New Member
Messages
2
Hi, my daughter is 4 and since she was born I have been saving money given to her by various relatives (grand parents, great grand parents, gran aunts and uncles etc). The amounts vary from €10-€100 and they're sporadic througout the year. Usually the money is given to me in cash and I transfer money from my bank account into a Revolut Savings account titled 'Child's Name Savings'. The physical cash I usually spend I don't lodge it. The account is now at around 4K and I plan to keep transferring gifts into it for years to come. I haven't kept a log of all the individual gifts should I have done? Would this all fall under the gift exemption from parent to child in the future? I plan to give her the money when she's older for a car, J1 etc.
 
Back
Top