Getting Wet

Cashweasel

I am the luck owner of a 2003 A4 Cabriolet but...

For the last 6 months if it rains for more than 2 hours The roof has leaked into the drivers seat.

The Car has been back with the dealers for a total of 7 weeks off and on and there have been 3 supposed fixes. The last one involved getting a whole new roof from Germany and fitting it here.

At this stage I am at the end of my tether and have lost all faith in the car. However I can neither sell it privately or trade it in in it's current state.

My understanding is that I have given them every opportunity to fix the car and I am noe entitled to a replavement or cash back. I have passed it to a solicitor but the garage is now saying to him that they want their "independant" engineeer to examine the car and that a windscreen which was ereplaced at the time the problems started was not fitted by their staff but outside contractors nominated by my insurer.

I am getting the feeling that they are trying to wriggle out of it and pass the buck even though they have come up with 3 different diagnoses and probably wasted upwards of 8k euro of their money NOT fixing the problem.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get myself out of this situation?

Kick your Solicitors This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

Get him/her to sort it legally. It's what you are paying them for after all.

Back