Getting Traffic to my Website

Why all this PMing? Why not share the questions and answers with everyone?
I presume it's RedStix ensuring they don't breach any posting guidlines and avoid advertising of their site (or trying to gain additional "in links" - it's amazing what you can pick up on AAM :p ).

I presume it's RedStix ensuring they don't breach any posting guidlines and avoid advertising of their site

You got it in one. I'd prefer to put the website address up, but since its against the rules, i decided not to ... hence the PM'ing.

PM me and i'll take a look. there's a bit involved in getting traffic to it so i'll give you some advice once i have a look

PM me and i'll take a look. there's a bit involved in getting traffic to it so i'll give you some advice once i have a look

Hi Sullyman. Got your mail today. Thanks for such a detailed response. I'll look over it again later when i've more time.

Cheers
RedStix

Is this your webpage (from your public profile)? [broken link removed]

The idea on AAM is to share information and we frown on the extensive use of PM's for side bar discussions.

I PM'd the following response to RedStix a few days ago- here it is in full for what it is worth....so everyone can see...

A couple of minor visual things first - which won't be affecting visitors finding your site - but I thought I'd mention them.
1. The menu at the top Home - ABout Us Contact ...etc is not very easy to see because of the light colour.
2. The text size adjuster A+ a- is a bit confusing - and it doesn't work for me. It could be the cause of the irritation message at the bottom of the screen in Internet Explorer ("Done but with errors on page). Your designers should sort that out.

Now the search engine stuff - I am not an expert but I have spotted a few things by viewing the source - that your designers should put right soon. If they can't or won't fix them then you will have problems getting listed on Google or other search engines for the search words that relate to your site.
They have used a package called Joomla - a freely available content management or "portal" software which allows peple to set up complex websites "fairly" easily using pre defined templates.
You may have noticed that most - if not all of your pages listed on Google show up with a description of "Joomla - the dynamic portal engine and content management system"
This search on google shows all the pages on your sith that google has listed

It has plenty of them - which is good - but it is showing up a lot of them as being about Joomla! It looks like your designers have left the default Joomla description on each page - not a good thing! They need to give each page its own "Meta" description - which is closely related to that pages content.
Each page should also have a list of "Meta" keywords embeded in it which the search engines use to help work out what the content is about. Some people may argue that these are not very important and others (me included) will argue that they are. I can see by viewing the source code of the pages - that they have again left the default Joomla keyword - which is "Joomla". They need to give each page it's own list of "Meta" keywords - which relate to the content of that specific page.
You might have to be involved in telling tham what keywords and description to give each page.
I have looked at Joomla - but am no expert - and I am pretty sure these changes are fairly straight forward. Don't let them say you have to pay extra for them. (I am not in the business of designing websites - so I am not trying to get business or anything like that)

Also - the page titles (these appear in the bar on the top of Internet explorer) - i.e "GetRegistered.ie | Our business is registering yours! - Advantages of Being Limited"
It might be better if the last bit could appear first - otherwise every page begins "GetRegistered.ie | Our business is registering yours! " and sometimes the last bit doesn't make it on to the Google entry. This bit is not as vital as the others - but it would help.
If your designers say these changes are not possible or want extra money - I would not stay with them for long.

One more tip for now about the content. It is good - maybe too good. You provide a lot of info but maybe you should put in more about your company and how it can help people - get that message on every page.
Use more key words and phrases that people will be searching for like "company registration in ireland" .
Use your signature on Askabout Money to "advertise" your site. Dont just put the name of the site - put a link to it with a title such as "Irish Company Registrations"
Make sure your content is unique - try not to copy stuff from other sites too much (or at all) - you quote from the CRO website a bit - which MIGHT penalise you on google.

Back