Getting Traffic to my Website

RedStix

Hi everyone

I have recently set up my own company and have a website in place. I am looking at my stats daily to see how many hits i'm getting. I'm getting quite a few hits on my site as well as quite a few "unique visitors".
I was just wondering if anyone had any other advice as to how i can get more traffic to my website.

Thanks

Last edited:
What type of site is it ?

Google ranks sites based on who links to you , so get links from good sites...

Perhaps try adding a Google Sitemap to your site and see if it makes a difference after a week or so.

Also, perhaps try Google adwords and/or regional targeting.

i've also used the google service where ones ad is displayed on certain categories of websites.

Be certain to set your max limits though.

What type of site is it ?

Its a site that provides a service for new businesses

Also, perhaps try Google adwords
I've heard horror stories of companies clicking other competitors sponsored links until their budget is used up so i don't know if i'd be wasting my money. Anyone have experience of using adwords?

Any other suggestions would be more than welcome

Last edited:
Here are my top 5 tips for good search engine rankings:

1. Content, Content and more content! Or to be more precise fresh unique content. Often a blog is one of the best ways to regularly add fresh content. I recommend wordpress which is free.

2. Write articles on your topic and submit them to article directories with a resource box linking back to your site.

3. Good old fashioned press releases with a link to your site.

4. Links from good quality (high PR sites)

5. Post on forums and leave a link to your site with the anchor text a phrase you want to get listed in the search engines for. ;)

http://www.betterbusinessresults.com

Last edited by a moderator:
My Number 1. related to content is to make it interesting to the visitor. If its interesting and updated often then they will come back and happily share it with others of the same interest.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The content is spot on (well i'm pretty sure it is) and as for updating it, i have been posting "news articles" up on the site every couple of weeks. If anyone is interested, i could PM them the link and see if they have any thoughts.

Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
Thanks irishlinks. I've just PM'd you too. The more positive/negitive/constructive comments/suggestions i can get, the better

Thanks again

Last edited:
It looks good internet explorer is showing errors on the page. I dont know if this affects googles opinion of your site or not.
Clicking on the yellow triangle on the bottom left of the page will give you more details of these errors.
Google search for free directorys & add your site to as many of these as possible.
In links is a big factor in page rank.

Thanks colm for your input. I will look into this error message asap.

In links is a big factor in page rank
Excuse my ignorance, but what are "in links"?

Google search for free directorys & add your site to as many of these as possible
Good idea. Will do.

Thanks

Its not a wise move clicking your competitors ads out as it will only serve to increase the popularity of the keywords and make it more expensive for you.

Its a good idea to keep updating your skite with news etc as google likes to see a dynamic site.

Getting a .ie , assuming you are targetting ireland will help its ranking.
Link exchanges with partner sites that have a good page rank would be the best way to begin.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "in links"?
Inlinks are links from other sites on the internet to your site.
The more inbound links you have the better your page rank.
Page rank is how google determines what order to list its search results.
For example if you search money on google you will get about 600 million pages..... Only those with a ver high page rank will be in the first pages displayed.

I would be careful about the type of site you get links from - I don't think quantity of links is as important as the quality of the site the link is on and the "anchor text" used to describe the link.
It is possible to do well on google and others by having good content, good site structure, page titles, page descriptions and just a few links to the site.

Back