Getting to the American Embassy

megabyte

Can any fine Dublin people help me get by public transport from O connell street to the Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have been told the Bus would be best but which one and how long will it take.

Can any fine Dublin people help me get by public transport from O connell street to the Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have been told the Bus would be best but which one and how long will it take.

Get the number 7 bus, i think their is a stop on o' connell bridge at centre of it. depending on traffice 15-20m

Yes indeed , bus is best , will only take 10mins. Any of these busses will pass the US Embassy. 6 , 6A , 7 , 7A , 8 and 45. I think the terminus is on the quays at O'Connell Bridge but there is also a stop at Trinity College.

I've never heard of the 6 or 6a before, you might be a while waiting for them :)

From the north end of O'Connell st, get the 4, 4A or the 7. They all run quite frequently so you shouldn't be waiting more than 10 minutes. Ask the driver to let you off at the embassy.

Dunno what bus it is, but when you're on the bus, sit on the right-hand side and look out for this place.

American%20Embassy%2075A-90-36.jpg

I initially laughed (in a you are kidding sort of way) when I saw Markpb's comment, but did a double check & I think he's right - the Number 6/6a bus to Blackrock is a thing of the past it would seem....

anyway you should be able to find all you need on www.dublinbus.ie - though the search facillity is a bit bonkers.

I initially laughed (in a you are kidding sort of way) when I saw Markpb's comment, but did a double check & I think he's right - the Number 6/6a bus to Blackrock is a thing of the past it would seem....

anyway you should be able to find all you need on www.dublinbus.ie - though the search facillity is a bit bonkers.
Starting to show my age obviously! Yes indeed the 6/6A ran to Blackrock , did'nt even know that the route ceased - thanks for the correction Markbp!

Back