Getting to Crumlin Hospital from Heuston

sandrat

Does anyone know if there is a bus from heuston station that goes anywhere near Crumlin Hospital? I am due to go up there on Tuesday and was thinking of taking the train rather than driving. Would it be easier to just get a taxi? Bearing in mind I will have a 1 year old with me.

You could take the LUAS up as far as Crumlin Bridge on the Canal. Its only a short (1mile) taxi from there I think.

Walk up Stevens lane (relatively steep) which is across the road from station. You'll get the 123 bus from there which leaves you outside hosp although you'll have to walk around the hosp to entrance.

Just as well that you are getting a train because parking is a nightmare at Crumlin. I'd take a taxi to take the pressure off yourself. It is only a 10 minute taxi ride (unless you arrive at the train station at a peak time).

My son had an op there when he was 6 months old. The staff were excellent and made us feel very welcome and comfortable.

I hope your baby is okay.

Just on the taxi thing, am I better off crossing the road and hailing a taxi on the non heuston side otherwise we'd have to up the quays to come back or is that a big no no?

Take the Luas to Drimnagh stop, walk down the road off the canal onto Galtimore road (bout 3 mins) and take the 123 from there, or walk (about 15mins), which is probably just as fast.

Back