Getting runners repaired?

If your looking to have your runners repaired can you have it done in any shoe repair shop or do they just repair shoes? I have a pair of DC runners and the back of the runner has worn due to me slipping them on without un-tieing the laces beforehand. It is just in the left runner and as a result the part of my foot just above the heel is not cut and bleeds whenever I wear the runners. I'd rather not just throw them out as they are still pretty new (9 months at most) and apart from that they are really comfortable. Is there anything I could do myself to repair them if a shoe repairer won't do them?

Thanks

If they're 9 months old, they're probably clapped out - even if they're just out of the box! Runners harden with age and light.

Yours are already damaged and causing you grief. Get a new pair and use the existing pair for walking around in - if that's still uncomfortable, then throw them out. You're probably going through a load of socks too, if they're cutting you.

I don't have an issue with buying a new pair to be honest I would just like to fix them up as I'm addicted to runners. I have plenty of pairs to keep me tied over but I really like these ones and that's why I would prefer to have them repaired.

Why don't you go and visit a local shoe repair shop and see? I had a pair of strappy heels that had towering heels, and my local repair man managed to take a little off the heel to ease my pain!

Running shoes should be regarded logically - not emotionally.
One slight muscle strain from using old runners will cost you at least the price of a new pair in physio treatment , plus the pain and inconvenience.
Get the exact same brand surely?
I change mine every 3 months (or 500 miles) or so, and I believe it helps me avoid injuries.

I change mine every 3 months (or 500 miles) or so, and I believe it helps me avoid injuries.

I get 3 months, but a more impressive 700 miles out of mine, then I throw them out.

Sorry maybe I should have been a little more clearer - I don't actually use them for running so there isn't a problem in that sense. I will try a shoe repair this weekend.

Back