Getting photos off an American iPhone

Complainer

I'm trying to get some photos off an American iPhone. When I connect the iPhone via USB, I only see the first folder of photos, but must of the photos I want are in other folders. I haven't used the iPhone before, but I couldn't find any settings re folders or any way of copying/moving photos into that first folder.

I tried Bluetooth, but even after turning this on, the iPhone couldn't see any local Bluetooth devices, and likewise, they couldn't see the iPhone. I could send them one by one by email via wifi, but that's a bit of a pain. Is there any better way?

Many thanks in advance.

Does a normal sync via iTunes do anything for you, or have you customised syncing the iPhone and the computer?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Does a normal sync via iTunes do anything for you, or have you customised syncing the iPhone and the computer?
From a quick read, it looked like a sync operation would wipe the photos off the iPhone, i.e. sync it using the PC (with no photos) as the master. Did I get this right?

Is it jail broken? If so connect to your wireless network & connect via a FTP client.
User Name root
Password Alpine
Sorry - what does 'jail broken' mean? It is a fully legit unit, used normally in the US, but on holidays here at the moment.

... From a quick read, it looked like a sync operation would wipe the photos off the iPhone, i.e. sync it using the PC (with no photos) as the master. Did I get this right? ...
Working from memory, the sync operation should allow (via preferences) use of either device as the master or to do a merge.

BTW did you install the latest iTunes and iPhone software?

Jailbreaking is a fully legit modification to your iPhone that allows you to add 3rd party applications. It also allows read\write access to the file system so you could simply copy/paste the pics you want

If you connect the phone to a different computer than it was original set up with it will require you to erase and sync, this will loose the photos. Are there many photos you need off it? Can you email them maybe from the phone?

If you connect the phone to a different computer than it was original set up with it will require you to erase and sync, this will loose the photos....
No - you can authorise up to 5 computers to a single iTunes account for music or iPhone use (iPhones are authorised / activated / updated via iTunes accounts)

To add a computer (with the account owners' permission of course, presumably if they allow you to mess with their iPhone, this will be OK) :

1. Open iTunes, under "Store" on the menubar and select "Authorize Computer" and type iPhone owner's details
  2. Connect the iPhone
  3. Do your stuff with the iPhone, then -
  4. Open iTunes, under "Store" on the menubar and select "Deauthorize Computer"
To prevent automatic syncing for all iPhones while the iPhone is connected to your newly authorised computer :

In iTunes, choose iTunes > Preferences. Click iPhone.
Deselect “Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones.”

Back